Actually seeing players running around the shops

Past couple of days as I have been going from planet to planet to mine, cut wood of specific trees or other tasks, plus checking out some shops, I have seen other players. Usually I consider myself lucky to see one. But yesterday, I actually saw five at one time. And I think someone blew up a bomb or something, there was a loud explosion and the player I passed had the purplish shimmer (makes me think of Star Trek when they are on the transporter). Don’t know what happened and didn’t stop to ask.
Anyhow, do you think it is because of the changes that are coming and players have decided to come back to play? That would be great!

There seem to be a few players still, my shop in Gyosha Mall generates what seems to me to be a decent amount of footfall, and I am selling some gear, not huge amounts but steady.

3 Likes

It’s like Bigfoot sightings!

Went through a laaarge city yesturday. Not a single person. It was creepy. And sad.

2 Likes

Haven’t been to other settlements much but Gyosha Mall is booming lately. And whenever I pass through other cities it’s rare not to see at least a couple other players. I called it - Welcome to Chapter 2, Boundless: City Life!

4 Likes

I feel sometimes like I am in the Twilight Zone, among the few survivors on some planets that see each so seldom their race is dying out. In the Ultima hub I would see maybe one person, generally just someone’s name moving by as they are underground or above ground. At the Gyosha Mall I will see two, sometimes three others there but never more than that at one time.
Gone to settlements as I explore planets, go to various ones to get different items and also hunt for small settlements sometimes they have items at a fair price. Might find a settlement but never see anyone. If it as if it is deserted. Beacons burning, but no one is around. Headed to a large city yesterday on Minor(can’t spell the rest), it had some portals showing and I was looking for one to use. They looked as if personal portals and no one was around. Another city saw one person and three spitters who wanted to kill me. Got some meat, tallow, hide and one bone from them.
Hoping people are coming back to the game, seeing what is being added and the changes in the griefing and will give the game another chance.

1 Like

I wonder if its the time of day for the locations? I always see 5-15 people in town anytime I go to blacklight, and usually pass tons of people on the PS hub. Though I usually only play during US primetime during the week.

3 Likes

I also think it may depend upon the day of the week and time of day. When I go on hunts I see tons of people. When I go into Gyosha Mall at certain times there are so many people I can’t count them, then there are other times I am the only one there.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s partly time of day, but I have seen an uptick. I’m usually on in the down times. But I have seen more folks running around and foot traffic on my settlement has definitely gone up.

I think it’s several things. We got a boost when the LEDs dropped. But I have to imagine people are stocking up for the Oortmas Event. The impending addition of guilds and the footfall fix may also be a factor.

I know I, personally, went out of my way to make sure all my main beacons were pumped up to 10k Prestige.

2 Likes

that moment when u see more mobs then players

Anvil on Seginiaki is pretty much dead. There was a point in time where it was my go-to spot for shopping. Then there was the massive expansion of Anvils Grand Promenade and I thought for sure it was going to become one of the premier cities in the game. But then it just flat out died. All of the structures are there (for now), but I never see anyone. I’m really pretty bummed that I decided to settle on Seginiaki.

Being disabled I can’t work and my health problems affects my sleep. Wake up in pain and to help me ignore it I am playing games all hours of the day and night. I can be online playing at 2:00 a.m or 11:00 a.m EST. Today, I was online at around 5 a.m. stopped at around 7 as I was in too much pain to ignore it. Took a pill and laid down. Fell asleep and slept to 10 a.m. Got back on and played till 12 noon. Got off as I had a migraine and back was starting to act up again. Laid down till 2 p.m. Right now pain free, need to take a muscle relaxer later if it starts again.
As you can see, different times of the day and night, when it is quiet, and I have been on from 4 pm till 11pm at night and most of the time see not one person. PS and Ultima hubs, shopping area, settlements they have all been empty. As if everyone vanished and left their personal belongs. Stands empty or have one or two items on them.
Now, I am seeing people. hope it stays that way.

1 Like

Why limit yourself? Start a second place.

Yeah Black Light is mainly settled by US time zones folks so that’s normally when is booming. Would love to have folks from other time zones but we would miss each other often

It could be, due to the fact the holidays are near and school is getting out.

4 Likes

Oh get out of here with your common sense and reasoning and facts Mambo jamo. :oort_start: :oort_b::oort_r::oort_u::oort_h::oort_stop:

2 Likes

come say hi in arte intera we always doing something new there our even better add a artwork and become one off the creators :smiley:

Oh I plan to. I have some plots on Gravidias Te right next to where GorillaStomps new place is being built. I grabbed them quickly because I anticipate his new build is going to be epic and I want to steal some of that footfall.

But right now I’m still building my main base on Seginiaki and have quite a bit to go still.

1 Like

Hmmm… I had a friend join boundless, he started on a lvl1 planet and told me which one.
So, I jumped through a PS hub and went to find him, thinking I’d get his co-ords in due course.
I saw a player icon and went over - fortunately I have 8+ agility so zipped along in 5 minutes
lo and behold it was him, all alone. I felt quite embarrassed as I’d recommended the game, and he was practically the only player on his starter world …

Pretty sure there were loads of player around when I started in September, but now they seem pretty sparse.
Looking at the stats on steam: 170 avg player / 48 worlds = 3.5 players per world !
I agree it feels like silent running sometimes.
Hopefully players will come back, although I don’t think a flashing rubiks cube and a tinker with the bonkers/random Centraforge is enough?

Then check boundless.ninja website, currently:
Total of 298 players across 48 planets

And am sure 3 hours ago it was also around that number if not more.

If one wants to grab some statistics and then say how many players there are per planet, grab the ones that also count the PS4 which is about half the player base anyway.

If you had said ‘3.5 STEAM players per planet’ I would’ve let it go :wink:

Anyway, doesn’t change the fact that it’s eerily quiet everywhere, and I really dislike that…

1 Like

I think that part of the reason for that starter planet being so empty is because a lot of players leave as soon as possible.
My son and did that. We were sent to Alder and he moved to Tana VII shortly after I arrived (I started around a week after him). I joined him. It didn’t work out for us, you can find the thread of settlement takeovers to get the story if interested. We moved to Seginiakni (think I spelled it right) and really like it there. We are beside a settlement and the others there are nice. I don’t have a worry they will want to take over our little tiny settlement, we are minnow in a ocean size wise. But my son and I have decided to merge with them, makes sense.
It is green, LOL, which I like and to me Tana VII was brownish, mainly.

1 Like