Advanced Block Placement skill help

Hey friends, not sure this is quite a “Support” topic, but I couldn’t find anything recent that could help me resolve this. I can’t seem to get a block to the specific rotation I want…

The block in question is the bottom left Decorative Lustrous Wood. I do have the Core skill Advanced Block Placement, which worked on the other three corners. I’ve tried placing it on every block face and character direction possible haha :slight_smile:

Also, if anyone could recommend a block that near matches the dark tint of these blocks, I’d appreciate it :+1:

Edit: Hmm, actually I did find this, not sure how I missed this the first time.

1 Like

So I am not sure how you managed this… As the picture I am looking at I thought was impossible to do…

I work with this block alot and I make circles and stars pattern which tends to require me targeting the side of the block placed next to it not the ground… Targeting the ground usually messes things up…

Then there is also the need to stand either North/South while targeting the side and or East/West while targeting the side…

Ofcourse Standing North / South while targeting the ground will give yet another result as would
Standing East/West while targeting the ground…

So my recommendations would be to try those different ways of placing and if none of them work its likely because the deco wood is on some sort of grid where its predetermined to face certain directions no matter what you do… However your picture above blows my mind as I have never been able to get the result you have done…

Welcome to the frustrating life of Boundless and block placement… that thread you found was an attempt to get the developers to understand our needs and hopefully put some time in to make things much better with a tool or something that keeps us from wasting hours in the game to try to do simple designs. Who knows if or when they will… but we can hope. :slight_smile: