Advertisement

Please invest in some type of advertisement. If it was not for steam, I would not have even known this game existed 2 weeks ago… Why not try some PR stuff… before it’s too late.

The devs have mentioned in the past that they are aiming for a gradual ramp up of the player base. I think they don’t want to have a massive wave of players come in and fry the servers and then have everyone complaining about how the game is terrible as a consequence.

Glad you found the game though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The other option is it just stagnates… They should already have a system set up so they could add additional planets/resources as the pop grows. That way, one mass PR move + Investment in server infrastructure… could bring in millions of revenue over just a week.

Hi Iniquitouslegion,

For a bit of background, the game does have some PR behind it, but it’s not the the scale you see triple A titles going for and there’s a reason for that; we want the game to have a steady growth. We’re lucky to have a very supportive publisher who believe in the game and it’s longevity, they aren’t concerned that Boundless hasn’t had a million players through the door, because they believe (and so do we) that the game is going to continue to grow and improve.

I think Phil from Square Enix Collective said it pretty well in another thread so to quote him:

The exciting thing for us as developers is thinking how much the game will improve by this time next year with a mix of quality new features, bug fixes and optimisations.

12 Likes

-Steggs 2018

2 Likes

Wow… that makes a lot of sense.

To actually hear a publisher say that is REALLY a good sign

3 Likes

Should make that a main post. Lots of people concerned with these stats.

http://boundless.ninja/

Myself, and other people are afraid to invest a lot of time and money into something… to have it disappear in a few months. This is why a lot of people are making similar topics. We are worried and want to make sure the game survives.

Also… if i replaced all textures with a glass texture… except say gems… Would I see every gem in render distance?.. nevermind don’t answer that.

I hope around holidays or for the steam winter sale they’ll cut the price in half and advertise it more. Having it on the steam front page with a good discount would probably get a lot of new players.

1 Like