Alright, so I took the courage to become a Wayfarer on the early access and these are my thoughts so far

You need to calm down. . name calling is not necessary.

4 Likes

Kirinvar, good news. James has even said that PvP will be an opt-in sort of thing as the pvp will be enabled on entire worlds instead of regions of a world. Probably the higher level worlds since he mentioned a long time ago he would like to experiment with extremely dangerous places to travel to.

After he said that I was pretty interested in waiting for it to come online in the game cause I would build a location out on one of those worlds for reasons I won’t say… But useful to the community as a whole.

3 Likes

I am not name calling, I have opinions, and I would like to be heard, for this would only benefit us and the game. To everyone I say we should not restrict the capacity for every player to reach a state of maturity where they don’t go around other people’s buildings for absolutely no reason, and to most of those players, it’s truly pointless to become a common enemy, go around destroying people’s things and soon enough everyone is a party against you. This is something boundless would really mean, why call boundless if it’s not like this?

how would it benefit me? as a player whose great builds may certainly be destroyed and looted?

4 Likes

Fine express your opinion but this

is not your opinion, it is a personal attack

You might want to read the forum guidelines

8 Likes

Yeah I of course want it to be opt-in… But a poll really is not an argument for or against it, since this is a forum of active players only. There’s a lot of people who don’t go around this forum while they’re playing other games.

Honestly the PvP should only be outside of beaconed plots and on spaces that are owned by the Wild. Although I wouldn’t mind creating some sort of gladiatorial arena where players could come and watch other players fight for prizes. That would be some pretty cool entertainment to watch.

But being able to roll up into someone’s settlement and rip things down is a nice way to turn people off from even wanting to play the game in the first place. Even more so if the world this is happening on has block colors and biomes that the person likes.

3 Likes

So the people that are actively playing the game and have supported it are not the players the developers should be listening to? I am confused by that logic.

2 Likes

It could be pretty intersting to try and hold a capital on a PvP world as a group.
And if other groups also try …
It could end up a lot like World vs World or Guild vs Guild Battlegrounds in other MMOs.

There should be a reward for having a captial on a PvP world for 24h our 7 days in a row.
And PvP Worlds should be smaller, like 2000x2000 or even 1000x1000, so that there is actually conflict between the cities and you don’t get lost in the wilderness. :thinking:

2 Likes

To everyone just interacting with this conversation, please don’t pull your own hair out, this is a mere minor opinion, being discussed by 10-20 people max, this is pointless. There’s not even those levels of noise yet to be relevant in anyway, keep it short, keep it relevant, thanks, this is my thread.

If the entire planet is PvP and has no unique resources, let the people who want to play PvP go there. I do not care if they can attack beaconed areas or not. That would be the risk in playing or settling on this planet.

4 Likes

Hopefully, before the game is released the scope of the game will be clearly defined. When I bought the game I saw it as a building, exploring, crafting, trading game. Not a Survival game. A PVP world wouldn’t hurt by any means but as the game is right now it doesn’t seem like it was designed around a proper PVP experience. Ill agree they need to put a ‘game’ in. I would rather see focus going purely to fun PVE experiences, which I think is being worked on. I of course like a lot of people and yourself have a fantasy of the game and that fantasy might not be a very realistic vision. What the game is right now is a exploring, building, crafting, trading game which clearly says it on the steam about this game section and on playboundless.com. You could cherry pick some of the language and outdated marketing thinking its a survival game, but its not and I hope it wont be. And you might have to accept the game wont be what you want. Game Development isn’t cheap and the devs need to make a choice on the direction of the game. Sorry, you can’t please everyone.

4 Likes

I would agree with this only if there was an option in your own UI that opts in or out of pvp. basically if its off then to me, everything stays the same. they cant hit me, nothing happens. opt in for both players and it’s on. :+1:

Totally agree.

oh, but they are watching! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[the devs i mean and anyone else in the future]

5 Likes

That’s the thing, there might be pvp worlds with resources on it like any other world. It could be a Special world where you can get Rift, Blink, and Dark Matter resources from along with gems and metal ores.

There doesn’t need to be a complete world void of any valuable resources to make it viable as a pvp world. But I hear what you’re saying.

2 Likes

As a player who plays a game that people themselves create and that is fun because people can interact with each-other with freedom, they called the game boundless, but without it, you have to play confined to a beacon? lol.

Have a leaderboard or something. But to reward PvP players punishes non-PvP players. Doesn’t the capital already get some perks in footfall revenue and a cut of the planetary taxes?

What you call freedom, I would call maliciousness.

5 Likes

It’s just an entirely different game mode. PvP and non-PvP may play the same styles but PvP provides more social dynamics, there will be a timeline of events that lasts for months and months, and the game will evolve and everyone will remember, and it will be lovely.

I do not think it has to be devoid of valuable resources. If that is what I said, I did not mean that. I just mean unique resources. If a PvP world has rift, there should be a non-PvP world with rift.

2 Likes

what? you don’t have to play just in your beacon…?
I’m saying what’s in your beacon should stay protected, play anywhere you want!

you mean like an armageddon where everyone gets raided and then no longer plays and they remember how lovely it used to be?

4 Likes

I think you’re not considering the regard that it’s not going to be a 1v1 game… This would be massive, there would be guilds of a lot of people that grow stronger than other guilds… In PvE it’s just about making money, not about surviving.