Alright, so I took the courage to become a Wayfarer on the early access and these are my thoughts so far

Beacon protection is a fundamental aspect of boundless and, provided it remains fueled, that protection is absolute. This game from its very inception has been purely pve focused. With less than 6 months till 1.0 release, these fundamental cornerstones of boundless will not be changed. We may see future updates introduce some flavor of pvp and some variation of a beacon, but the fundamentals of boundless will not likely change. That is the direction the community has long since asked for, and the developers have delivered on that promise. Any planned development on a pvp front promised by trello cards or dev posts will not likely be introduced before 1.0. Now is the time to finish the development in the test servers and polish the game as it is for a 1.0 launch.

10 Likes

I voted no but only because it wasn’t (understandably, it’s a poll) very nuanced. I’d be happy with PVP being introduced as long as it didn’t disrupt the existing attractive PVE model or its launch economy. Given a distinct divide between the two game experiences I don’t see how I can have a problem with it beyond resenting dev time being spent on it. :wink:

2 Likes

As many have said. Why are you trying to make this game Pixark? There should be games that are PvP as well as those that are not. That way everyone can play the type of game they want. It would be pretty boring if every game was the same. If you only want to play that type of game, I am sure their are players on here who could make recommendations.

I also think you need more experience before you criticize Boundless and the community. Based on your screenshot, you have not gathered food, you have not constructed or bought a slingbow, and you have not killed any creatures. Before you call for wholesale changes, play the game more. It would allow you to make more specific suggestions and you might understand why the community likes the game the way it is.

It is overall a good community willing to help. Even though many disagreed with you on your suggestion, they did offer help on the issue you are having being stuck in sanctum. They did not ignore you or belittle you. I would argue that this community is more helpful and supportive of newer and more experienced players alike because it is not primarily a PvP game. There is no advantage to keeping someone ignorant on how to play since you cannot kill them, loot their builds (as long as they keep their beacons fueled), or steal their stuff. Since the community requires cooperation to function at its peak, it is in everyone’s interest for others to thrive and succeed.

5 Likes

Ok, so since we all now made our points, lets move on gaming and non trolling ^^

2 Likes

better idea … PVP in one small specific region or one single planet with NO special resources only in that zone.

I see the toxicity really emanates from the PvE players wanting to not see it as if it meant any harm to them, either that or they want to restrict the experience to the PvP players by making it any lesser than it could be. What’s with that attitude if y’all ain’t even playing the PvP regions anyway?

Probably doesn’t help when you tell people with 4000 hours in game that they are playing the game wrong and their ideas are toxic

10 Likes

The issue is people feel the same from you. Ultimately focusing on that and calling someone toxic because they don’t agree with you isn’t really a good way to have a conversations. If things are cordial, then different points of view is not toxic from a general community aspect.

If you really want to push your point then it might help to refrain from calling people “stupid” and that their views have no merits and that they are toxic. Allow for diverse thoughts and points of view will probably be more conducive to win people over to your view points.

7 Likes

Look bro I’m not telling them that they’re playing the wrong game, my statements may not be agreeable but they are reasonable, I see most of them are married with the concept of the 4 year old pre-alpha game… Which I find odd, but I’m not trying to change their PvE side, I see that’s how they are pleased, which I personally as an artist find has no soul, that’s my opinion. On the other end however I see they want to push back like it would make any difference to them, specially after they state they would have no interest in playing a PvP world, so why even tamper with it to make it a lesser experience? Tampering with what you’re not going to touch or play with yourself… that’s toxic. 100% === Grow up.

I’ll be honest, I feel like you are just trolling us at this point and selectively getting what you want out of our posts. Put your thoughts down in a cohesive manner so the devs can see it and move on. Its not us you have to convince, its the people that already have a vision for the game they are creating.

8 Likes

If you’re going to state an opinion and say thats fine to have an opinion, its a bit childish to call them soulless when they dont agree with your vision. Don’t tell people to grow up when they disagree with you. Thats the very definition of toxic.

I’m closing this thread before it spirals into more flaming.

15 Likes

Thanks Havok40k, I agree this has gotten a little heated.

There’s clearly a worthy discussion to be had around design, mechanics, and what the future of Boundless looks like - and PVP/ PVE is of course a part of that, but let’s try and keep discussion respectful and calm please. I think this one’s gone on a little too far.

Let’s keep this community as the awesome, friendly and open place that it currently is - we can all be proud of what we’re building here. Thanks all and see you in-game soon

13 Likes