Alts give plots to main

Darn it Fidach, stop that will ya! I had already plans to get in a huge plot debt which you are now ruining!

(nah, hadn’t thought of this yet, just woke up, caffeine not working yet, but I think I would’ve tried to come up with ways to game it, muahahahaha)

2 Likes

I’d imagine the plot pool would be shared, so no character would be able to plot after your account is in plot debt. We don’t even have any way to define our “main” to the game.

2 Likes

Plot pool wouldnt (nor needs to be) shared.

You create an alt, get plots, give to main, use then, delete alt, main goes into debt.

You create another alt, get plots, give to main… but all you’ve done is got out of debt, no plots you can use. Delete alt and main goes back into debt again.

5 Likes

Hmm, imo it’d be easier to grasp if it was shared, all the plots you buy contribute to the account pool, everything you plot draws from that same pool. But I guess it breaks if you share a single account between multiple people :thinking:

I’m just very used to account wide things in games where alts are encouraged.

What happens if you delete a character with thousands of plots and can never place plots again because it would take forever to make up the difference?

I think a better solution might be to not allow a character to be deleted if the amount of plots you would loose would put you into debt.

5 Likes

maybe the same amount of plots taken would have to be returned to the alt before the alt could be deleted

4 Likes

I see many people talking about levelling an alt to profit from this suggestion, but people are already levelling alts to gain access to more plot. I understand the character deletion part of it, but really this does not feel like such a hard problem to solve. I second the idea of deleting plots that were gained from a deleted character and a sort of plot debt.

1 Like

I would love if this could be solved in a good way. Also allow me to give a beacon to an alt. For example use beacon control to change owner (and the plots used in the beacon) to an alt. Thx😁

1 Like

Probably meant as a joke but I would be completely fine with this.

1 Like

If this ends up allowing alts to give plots to another character on the same account, might it not be more usable to cut out the middle-man and instead let alts use plots to expand the beacon of another character on the same account (still incurring a plot-debt of some form on character deletion?

Even more so if the changes required to make that happen also allowed for characters to tag another character’s (on the same account) beacon as their home beacon.

1 Like

So much this. I have a single beacon I consider my “home” but a few of my alts end up on one of my old planets I called home and haven’t been able to fix this due to being unable to set my main character’s home beacon as home on these alts.

1 Like

Stick a few beacons next to it for your alts :blush:

I’m ok with that. Lets go!

I use spreadsheets to keep track of my plots and I only have 4 characters!

1 Like

Make all beacons owned by the account, not an individual alt. This would work perfectly in tandem with the account wide plots and it would stop forcing us to split everything between multiple alts to maximize footfall.

2 Likes

If players want to be able to essentially make their alts part of a single character set for plots, then I would argue that should count for everything. Beacons and coin should also be included. So if you earn coin the coin displayed would be the total coin for all characters. Every character is part of every beacon and can call any of the character set beacons home. Now I do agree that if you delete an alt, then you have to somehow “giveup” the plots earned (not the plots bought with cubits by the deleted character). I would be ok with a deficit if the character set did not have enough plots to cover the plots removed when the character is deleted. I would however suggest that all cubits could only be spent on plots until the deficit is removed. Its hardly far for a player to buy a new character or cosmetics before they pay their debt.

Now I also believe that if we are going to treat alts as the same character for the purpose of plots then they should all be treated as one character when calculating footfall. So no more using alts as a way to multiply footfall. All beacons are treated as belonging to one character just like the plots are.

2 Likes

How about a one time transfer :slight_smile: second note, beacon sales or transfers? Same thing?
Also, James can and will transfer plots from one account to another if he is not busy.

well, he will be now :grin:

1 Like

(Controversial) :crazy_face:. I would have to disagree with the abuse of creating new alts just to get coin and plots to be worth it. First, the time to speed level is faster on my already leveled main. I agree If you know what you are doing you can level a new character to 50 in a few hours but I can also regen farm and make 1 million coin in that day with my main and level 18 times on that main. Why waste my time on new alts. My main is my trophy for levels. I would think most of all the elders here don’t bother with alts anymore. This alt leveling is good for newer to mid level players who don’t know end game knowledge yet. I would say it’s fine. This entire game for some has been about finding shortcuts and ENJOYING those shortcuts. Including best tools to use and what to eat/drink to shorten farming times etc. (regen bombs are a thing) Developers that allow such things to exist within the parameters of the game are typically successful. Majority wins here. Before anything is said I would note that if you use the forums and discord to shorten times it take to find out information within the game you may be more for this than you think. I mean, you can literally find out in a automated forum post , linked to discord, about everything that is on a new exo and how to get there.

1 Like

Lol I was thinking this. But as far as I know he is public about it. I wouldn’t have said anything or have ever asked if I thought it was bad. Anyone can say no. I know many others who knows this and have talked about it.

I would agree that the ff thing is the bigger problem here. Most I know have done this for that reason only. The plots are coin are just a side thing. I have all my plots on amost of my alts still unused.