Ambient creatures: What would you call our new friend?

What do you mean? All your edges are perfect 90 degrees right angles! Nothing rough about them!

9 Likes

1 Like

More like an nickname, don’t you think so? ^^

I think he’s just jelaous of my, full of personality, Character. Thats why he’s complaining about it ^^
Not everyone can have such an good looking Char!

1 Like

First of all, I’m going to be removing my previous lists so as not to take up so much space and allow people to read more easily. This is the most current list.
Yesterday we focused on eliminating game and movie names and those with no likes or mentioned support, so today’s focus will be on those with more than one like or at least one support (that assumes the creator and one other “like” the name). Here it goes:

Dully Oragne Goat - 2 likes
Ram - 3 likes*
Malefigoat - 3 likes*
Turkey Croissant - 3 likes*
Mountain goat - 3 likes* - (These * are all one in one post, so please specify)
Chupacabra - 2 likes
Ground Hopper - 2 likes
Smoochie - 2 likes
Gourash - 1 support
Horknarf - 2 likes - 1 support
Teetering Broadhorn - 1 support
Biboum - 4 likes*
Shoboun - 4 likes*
Rahoo - 4 likes*
Hooshno - 4 likes* - 1 support - (Again the * are all one post, so please specify)
Hooshnu - 1 support
Oostroat - 3 likes* - 1 support
Oostrat - 3 likes* - (Same post, please specify)
Hopplers - 2 likes
Horned Gahtan - 3 likes

So the list is narrowing down nicely, please be sure to cast your vote or mention your support of the name. Eventually we’re going to get this to a radial vote box, but we have a long way to go.

Also, as I said before, if the post has multiple names, please post which one you are in favor of, so some of those can be eliminated.

And again, if I missed something or forgot to eliminate a movie name, let me know, and obviously likes made after this post have not yet been counted. Tomorrow, we are going to focus on narrowing down the list even further, so cast your votes!

Give all the love for this name suggestion from @Cartographer !

Oops, it was already listed by @Lycankind . My bad

1 Like

Yeah, that one has pulled three likes by itself. All the other “three or more likes” are in multi-name posts, so it’s hard to tell if all the love is going to one or spread out to 1 like each, which would eliminate all the names. That’s why I’ve been asking people to specify which name of a multi-post they like.

I’ll tally up again tomorrow, it doesn’t seem like anything has changed from this morning, unless people have just given up… I know the one I voted for (and not one of mine) will probably be eliminated soon too if it gets no more support, so that does get kind of sad.

Looking at the totals right now, it looks like Hooshno, Oostroat, and Horned Gahtan will take the lead, but it’s not too late for another one, even a previously eliminated one, to suddenly jump up in popularity.

Why don’t you make a poll so people can vote?

Also while there’s no LEGAL reason we couldn’t call them Ram, Mountain Goat or Chupacabra those are already names for creatures (whether real or mythical) and so probably should be disqualified for that reason

1 Like

How about Tartus?

well. for now i agree with the statement. however later that is not really the case, for example when they make a pig then why should they make some crazy name rather than just call it a pig. same with rams, horses, sheep, cows etc.

If they make a pig or a cow we wouldn’t be naming it, because it would already have a name
But somehow I doubt they are going to be making any animal with a real life counterpart
it feels like this game is going more for “other worldly”

2 Likes

I actually like the “Deer-roo” the devs are speaking about. Maybe not spelt as Deer-roo.

Deer-roo
Deer-roo

Catchy, just like the arrow in its hide.

Good point, also I believe you can give even a pig a name like Hen-Wen in the small book series Taran. Or pixel pig = pigsel. Whatever. Diru, yes - not bad. :thumbsup:

1 Like

We could soon close this name suggestion and start official voting for name unless devs want to pick it themselves.

How do you make a poll in chat?

All credit goes to @Ardos as I copy-pasted this:

Start the title of your topic with “Poll :” Minus the "

Then in the post itself you want to put

[ poll ]

• Option 1
  • Option 2
    [ /poll ]

Remove the spaces between the [ ]
You need to include the “-” before every option.

Edit: Once you’ve started the poll, you can’t edit it to change the options.

1 Like

So today’s list is going to narrow down those who have more than 2 likes or supports. Unfortunately this means a lot of big list types will be here, because people fail to specify which one they are liking for. Also, as per suggestions, I’ll eliminate generic names like ram, so here goes:

Malefigoat - 3 likes - (Part of a multipost, number could be inaccurate, please specify)
Biboum - 4 likes*
Shouboun - 4 likes*
Rahoo - 4 likes*
Hooshno - 4 likes* - 1 support - (All * in same post, individual numbers could be inaccurate, please specify)
Oostroat - 3 likes* - 1 support
Oostrat - 3 likes* - (Again same post, please specify)
Horned Gahtan - 5 likes

Currently the Horned Gahtan is in the lead with not only the most votes, including my own because I think this is a really cool name, but also the most votes on a single post, not a multi-suggestion post.

As I’ve stated many times, those post with multiple names are miss-represented in numbers unless otherwise stated that a player supports a name.

The top runners in order are:
1st - Horned Gahtan
2nd - Hooshno
3rd - Oostroat
4th - Malefigoat.

@ian, it may be time for a poll or vote, unless these numbers are fine.

To add to this, it needs to be a new topic and you can’t edit the poll afterwards as it will break.

@Lycankind I also feel that all non-copyright and non-real animal options should be present in the poll. Often people will only look at the first post and then the most recent one or two, missing out those in between.

2 Likes

Another consideration is this;
The texture/model is a placeholder, so naming it based on it’s current appearance could be problematic :pensive:

well… we have had the placeholder block for what? 8 months now? xD

so only time will tell if it is a waste :smiley:

What? :confused:
they came out last week