Ambient Flowers

I think the flowers we see here are final ^^ AFAIK they wont get a model

These are in fact 3D models - but it’s understandable why that might not be obvious because they are very, very simple models. They’re pretty much just a handful of mostly-flat polygons with the all-important textures painted on them, arranged so they’ll look right from different angles while still being quite cheap to render.

4 Likes

nice work :slight_smile:

the details are worth to show too!

1 Like

Oh,no I just thought it was 2D,I wasn’t looking hard enough. It still looks cool…

1 Like

liked both 2 and 3 flower.
thoose could be like a rare flower while the first one seems like a good all over thing.
The third flower looks like something we could have on a Sakura biome or blueish biome :smiley:

1 Like

They look kinda 2D compared to those other Plants. Nonetheless, they still do look very nice, I’ll add it to the devlog colleciton.

The other plants are probably not going to spawn in massive amounts while I could amagine some of these plants being used for large flower fields.

That’s because they are kinda 2d^^ AFAIK they are just a texture pasted onto a flat 3d surface ^^ I don’t know any game that doesn’t use that technique for grass etc.
(@jesshyland correct me if I’m wrong please)

Time travel :open_mouth:

4 Likes

OOOHHhhh i love them all! cant wait to make a garden! :purple_heart::blush:

10 Likes

I love 1 as well :). I think i’d like 4 also if the color of the stems were the same as #3’s stems (or atleast a dark ultramarine color) since the glowing flowers seem to belong in a bio luminescent swamp.

3 Likes

So good, love hem all. Nice work @jesshyland! :laughing:

1 Like

Omg sooon!! Wait… When is soon?

1 Like

When I recently made the update video I also collected some flowers to show.
But they didn’t change appearance from before c++, which kind of disappointed me, so I didn’t feature them. And I wouldn’t have said much about them anyway^^

But those look awesome and surely will be featured in the next video.
My favorites would be the last two, but all of them are awesome for different situations.
Good Job!

@sikerow In the future^^

3 Likes

You know that sound they have in movies, when the heavens open up and light shafts rain down from the sky? I inadvertently made that noise when I saw these.

7 Likes

Before the inevitable heat death of the universe but after this reply is published. :yum:

Are you sure about the first part?^^

I certainly hope so! :scream: Dying would be meh compared to not being able to experience 1.0 Boundless!!

We’re backers, we won’t die.
The backer price includes an anti heat/cold death of the universe cryostatic capsule where we can wait for help or a new universe to arrive.

5 Likes

I hope the leaves are slightly darker/lighter than the grass just so they don’t blend in TOO well.

Q: If you relocate these plants to another world would the leaves retain their original color or change to that of the new one?

4 Likes