Ancient Tech Component in march 2017 resource distribution

I think something must be wrong with the iron and copper distribution.

I’ve spent a couple hours caving on Therka, traveling south from the desert all the way to the north where the ice biomes start. I’m finding plenty of hard coal, silver, occasional gold all along the way. Unfortunately I’ve had to start ignoring silver because iron seems to be almost nonexistent and iron is needed to make silver tools. All I’ve found at the higher altitudes in the caves are two small iron veins. The rest of the higher caves are barren, only fossils and soft coal veins to be found. Copper veins are similarly rare.

It seems wrong that silver is so much more plentiful and straightforward to find than the low tier metals copper and iron, at least on Therka.

1 Like

I’m finding a similar experience for lower tier metals, like Copper and Iron. Have loads of Gold, Silver and Titanium but have only found small amounts of Copper and Iron. So far searched Septerfon and Alturnik, various altitudes and biomes…

1 Like

After a bunch of exploring and caving on Septerfon, I can confirm the same thing. Gold, silver and titanium can be found consistently in the lower caves, but the upper caves have very little. Most of the copper I found came from mountainsides rather than caves and the iron was as rare on Septerfon as on Therka.

On the original topic, I’ve had good luck finding Ancient Tech Components on Septerfon by scouring the giant square stone pyramid-mountains.

2 Likes

I’ve had a similar experience on Therka and Septetfon; plenty of Silver, Gold and Titanium, but scarse Iron and Copper.

It might just be me, but I’m also barely finding any tech.

1 Like

I’m finding plenty of copper between 70-140 on Septerfon

1 Like

i made my first venture into caves today in a long time as i took a short break, which i had anticipated would be much longer.

i found plenty of titanium and gold near the lava at the bottom of the caves.

tech components i am yet to see. fragments seem abundant above cave-level.

Post 159 was the first time I’ve ever found Ancient Tech Devices, have found 6 now on Alturnik and Septerfon in caves and one on a mountain side Tech Components and Frags seem to be roughly as abundant in my travels thus far. I never really noted where as I have a significant surplus of both from before 159.

Thanks for the information. I just need to change my mining habits to accommodate things closer to the surface.

I still have the deep mining Minecraft mentality. Old habits die hard!

I’m struggling to find any ancient tech components, fragments or devices on Vena V. Literally stuck until I find them!

I was having the same issue on Therka, which is the EU sister planet to the AUS Vena V. I found it much easier to find them on Munteen, which is my connecting ring planet; yours would be Alturnik.

I don’t know if they’re comparable, but I walked around mountain biomes until I spotted a few. Strip mining is a complete stab in the dark, so I’d definitely suggest mountaineering or caving instead. Good-luck!

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately you can’t get to another planet without making a location picker which requires machines needing the ancient tech components (unless I’m wrong?).

You’re correct, right now though if you want to get to another planet entirely on your own you may be in for a very long search for those tech components. IMHO they’re unreasonably difficult to find right now on home worlds. I highly recommend taking advantage of a portal hub to get the tech components on a higher tier planet.

Try under Stone or Ice themed biomes, between 80-160 (needle in a haystack!).

Other options would be to see if someone can trade you a couple … or find the portal network that has been set up. planet hop, grab a couple… then you can still come back and make your own location picker if you wanted.

Was about to give up… then found a portal hub not too far from my beacon… Thanks @Dulki! :smile:

5 Likes

Just checked my list and the portal HUB on Vena V is located at -2192, 64, 1740.

Thank @Jeffrotheswell and donate some Oort stones to one of his plinths, if you have any.

Also; if you take the portals all the way to Therka, you’ll arrive at Therka Market. Someone was selling all kinds of tech at the western end of the market.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s not the one I found! Wow, Ill go check that one out too. I have stones to donate.

Thanks for the help everyone!

3 Likes

Well, as someone returning to this game after a long time I have to say it is WAY to difficult to find these ancient tech components…and the game doesnt even give you a hint where to find them. I am digging through mountains…and since I am in the stage of owning stonehammers it does take a long time and keeps getting more and more frustrating. Hope the distribution will be changed soon…or at least some hints being given away where to look for these components.

Game will provide that information, once 1.0 hits, from what I’ve heard.
It will provide hints on where to obtain the materials needed to get out of planet I believe, but once you’re out of the starter planet, it’s all up for you to discover.

Here is the info on where to find ancient tech components.

Also, credit to @Stretchious

2 Likes

Ancient tech components are very difficult to find on the 1st and 2nd stage worlds, but I’ve found no end to them on ring worlds.

Alturnik, at roughly elevation 86, in caves, you find very VERY many

4 Likes