Thanks for sharing these stats! Definitely interesting to be able to confirm Solum is different from the other starter planets.
For those wondering, since this distribution map contains topaz, this is a map of Epsilo. Looking through the different abundance maps and comparing them to the heightmap, we can see some interesting relationships:
Favors high surfaces (from high to low):
- Soft Coal - fairly even scattering wherever there is enough height for it to spawn.
- Topaz - Even, but rare scattering in medium/high mountain areas.
- Copper - Common in medium mountain areas, the very high mountainous areas prevent it from spawning though, creating a ring/banding effect around the edges.
- Iron - Prefers medium height areas, doesn't like mountains or low lying areas at all. The banding effect around mountain areas is stronger than copper.
Favors low lying surfaces (From high to low):
- Silver - prefers lower surfaces, some banding but less than iron.
- Medium coal - strongly banded around low lying areas. Almost none in mountainous areas.
- Hard coal - nearly the same distribution as Medium coal, just in lower quantity.
- Gold - prefers very low surfaces, not much banding so a fairly even scatter in the areas where it spawns.
- Titanium - prefers the lowest surfaces, more evenly scattered than gold but lower quantity.
Of course this doesn't mean height is the only factor in where things spawn, these are just height/ore spawning relationships that I could observe at a glance from these maps.