Gold where are you! = Suggestions?

I found yesterday the three hundreds of Soft Coal, few Tech Fragments and a little pack of Small Fossils, but no one metal ore. I explored deep cavern with altitude 30-70 under the mountain on Therka. Where I need to search metals? Is it still in deserts?

I’m in Solum and I’ve been finding pockets of gold here and there. Maybe I just found a good spot but I’ve found it in two different mountains now.

Desert mountains and glacier capped mountains seem to both yield good amounts of gold.

I’ve been having lots of luck with silver and gold right around the lava pools. I just walk and grapple around and usually find at least 5 ores around each pool, and a couple dozen in an entire cave. I’ve also been tripping over all the hard coal down there.

Bring lots of gravel to stand on and to keep your ores from falling in the fiery pits of death!

Resources spawning has been changed since this topic last entries and it makes it somehow outdated.

Maybe it is time to reuse it and create more posts like yours sharing mining experience so new users can find info that is up to date. :slight_smile:

:oort_b: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_m: :oort_o: :oort_r: :oort_e:

LOL. OMG. totally did not realize I was necroposting! It just came up as a new topic for me. But I really hope the information was useful!

1 Like

I have found a decent amount of gold since the resource update. Where I found it was caves deep in the desert.

All of the ring worlds have good amounts of silver and gold, Vulpto SEEMS to have the most

From the Tech; Resource Distribution Metrics, in order of abundance;

Elopor - 2,911,851
Andooweem - 2,427,405
Septerfon - 2,317,131
Epsilo - 1,987,661

Munteen VII - 1,918,597
Nasharil - 1,913,112
Vulpto - 1,204,960
Alturnik - 1,672,813

All the starter planets range between and 123,791 and 143,853, so you really want to stick to moons and ring worlds.

1 Like

remember about new people who are trying to - step by step - get to the picker upgrade before launching themselves into the new worlds; anyone who doesn’t want to buy gold from someone or use existing portals or buy location markers but instead ambitiously try to get to their first interplanetary venture the hard way, will want to know where and how to find gold on starter planets;

actually - any player trying testing version now and all players after 1.0 release will have to play with slow progression implemented and thus know something about gold in home worlds

:oort_b: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_m: :oort_o: :oort_r: :oort_e:

My experience on Vena V (I only started 2 weeks ago) has been that finding Gold is very much easier than Iron. And, finding Tech Fragments on Solum is just a little bit harder than a cake walk.

1 Like

finding fragments any starter world not Solum sucks

I can go to a cave on solum or desert cliff right now on solum and walk away with at least 5 fragments. The other day I walked out of a cave with 20 fragments, not kidding.

i went into a cave on Alturnik and got a like 60

I can go to my storage room and get over 600 tech fragments :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

that’s a lot

sorry… I misread… I thought you said finding fragments on Solum sucks. Solum seems to have the best of most of the starter resources, in terms of new players progression. It has more Iron, Tech Fragments, and Tech components. No tech components=no sparks. No sparks = can’t get off the world on your own without someone else’s gateway.

yeah, Solum will be the catalyst for everyone else’s travels unless they rebalance resource generation

if you tell us what height is your storage at and what kind of blocks it’s surrounded with, we will know the perfect equation for tech fragments to spawn :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
or we could just re-produce your storage surroundings in our home locations and the fragments should spawn in it right away in hundreds :joy:

@boundmore :laughing: