Ancient Tech Components - Leads on Where to Find Them

I’ve made this topic for finding Tech Components. If you or anyone you know has found any Tech Components then please leave a comment about where you found them (ex. Cave or Icy Mountains)

1 Like

I’ve only found 1 so far. I found it in the mountains near the edge of the desert biome. I spent a good 4 hours digging before I found it.

Was searching for this information too. I can’t confirm his information. I searched in a lot of ice bioms and didn’t found 1 :frowning:

Which server are you on?

I was on server 1 before it went down.

OK thanks, there is (if you don’t know) a good sized area that people have been meeting up at where there is a tech Component. Coordinates: 1500, -1270

2 Likes

Yeah. I know. It’s unfortunately on the exact opposite side of the world from me. -1900,1600 :frowning: Thanks though.

1 Like

In my playtime so far, I have picked up a few peices of fragments hear and there. The one resorce that has eluded me this far has been iron, which is understandable. It’s probably increasingly deep underground.

Actually you don’t really have to go that deep for any of the resources from my experience. I’ve found hundreds of iron by digging through the various mountains (especially near the desert). And if you run into the caves you might as well go back up at this point.

1 Like

Tech components was at the snow biome in a cave. I found 3 - 4 components but had no stone hammer so went back to jungle biome to craft one and came back but managed to find only 2 because i didnt remember all the locations anymore. there was quite a big cave system near the big lake, im sure there is more.

Umm i found under your place 3 of them yesterday XD Plus 2 fragments

Bring em to the shop at Hanging Village and sell em to my plinth :wink: make some quick coin! Snag some cooked steaks while you are at it!

4 Likes

i like this Forum its so relaxed with their rules :wink:
i like that very much as long you remind your self not beeing OFF Topic to much. xD

to be On Topic i found some not very deep under the Jungle near to your house @POPtartman38

but im not sure. probably it was just fossil

From poking around the game’s data files, it looks like there are several factors for how resources spawn. Here’s some guesses (and these will probably change frequently; this post will be out of date soon).

TL;DR: Check under mountains covered in corruption or ice for ancient tech (I think)

Currently, it looks like:

• Each resource has a primary surface terrain type that it most frequently spawns under, as well as a secondary one that it spawns under less frequently.
  • Each world type has different frequencies for each resource type.
    • Some of the servers have a low chance for ancient tech components, and others have a very low chance.
    • Some of the servers don’t spawn ancient tech devices at all.
    • Each planet has a specific type of gem that spawns (or no gem type at all)
  • There are certain altitude bands that resources prefer spawning in.
  • There are certain depths under the surface terrain that resources prefer spawning at.
  • And a whole bunch of other factors (but probably less important when searching for particular resources).

Here’s some tidbits - I’d be curious if these line up with people’s experiences so far:

|         Terrain         |   Depth*  | Altitude* |
Resource                |  Primary   |  Secondary | Min | Max | Min | Max |
------------------------|------------|------------|-----|-----|-----|-----|
Copper                  | grass      | dirt       |  10 |  50 | 100 | 255 |
Iron                    | stone      | dirt       |  15 |  60 |   0 | 155 |
Silver                  | dirt       | dirt**     |  20 |  80 | 100 | 255 |
Gold                    | sand       | dirt       |  25 | 150 | 100 | 255 |
Titanium                | flora      | grass      |  30 | 255 | 100 | 255 |
Soft Coal               | flora      | flora**    |   8 |  30 |   0 | 100 |
Coal                    | flora      | flora**    |  20 |  50 |   0 | 100 |
Hard Coal               | flora      | flora**    |  30 | 160 |   0 | 100 |
Small Fossil            | sand       | stone      |   8 |  80 |   0 |  50 |
Medium Fossil           | sand       | stone      |  20 | 100 |   0 |  50 |
Large Fossil            | sand       | stone      |  30 | 160 |   0 |  50 |
Ancient Tech Fragments  | corruption | ice        |   8 |  50 |  80 | 255 |
Ancient Tech Components | corruption | ice        |  20 | 100 |  80 | 255 |
Ancient Tech Devices    | corruption | ice        |  30 | 255 |  80 | 255 |

Notes:

* Altitude and depth values are preferred ranges - the resources will probably spawn out of that range too, with less frequency.
** some terrain types are marked as “special”; not sure how they differ.

6 Likes

If you ever get stocked up on Tech Components will you be selling them?

Yeh but those what i found was visible, no need to mine

Ooh :smiley:

Found one component while climbing mountains in a desert biome, it was near -1660, -1890 and on height 110. It was contained in a sedimentary stone block.

1 Like

Yes, eventually, though probably at a slight markup to what I am buying them for.

Can you explain the difference between altitude and depth here. In my head they both mean Y axis values. Is that correct?