Ancient Tech Components - Leads on Where to Find Them

i think depth is lower than 0 and altitude is higher than 0. so i would understand it

for Examp.: Copper inside a Mountain higher than 100 or in caves deeper than 10

Bear in mind that if you go to the locations menu you can save your current location for reference. For now you’ll have to use the co-ordinates to get back to a location, but in upcoming releases you’ll be able to set a waypoint and navigate back there using a compass.

3 Likes

Altitude is absolute vertical position, depth is distance below the surface

I’m also not 100% sure of the meanings, but those are the terms used in the config; seems to follow

Gotcha. Seems like altitude should actually be called something more like latitude then (maybe). Thanks for the info!

I think latitude would be more confusing, there are other values that talk about horizontal distance from a given surface type too, heh

Altitude is the ‘Y’ value. not z, Y is vertical in boundless.

1 Like

I completely misread @nevir response before. I understand now. XD

1 Like

No, I had z in there before - corrected my mistake!

Thank you for the information. Make sure to help anyone else you find who is struggling with tech components.

Or you could think of it as X, Z, Y instead of X, Y, Z with Y equaling Z.

What is a corrupted terrain? Sounds bad.

@nevir: I made a test of your theroy and i can’t confirm it yet. I digged in a lot of hills in the ranges you named and still didn’t found any components. They must be really rare …

2 Likes

Take a look at steamapps/common/Boundless/worldbuilder/assets/archetypes/resourceprofiles.json if you want to see the raw configs - I might be missing something

1 Like

They do seem to be pretty rare overall. I just now found my second one. Power core here I come!

Do you remember the coordinates for where you found them?

1 Like

I found them in the desert mountains near -2237, 2071

OK, Thanks.

Found some on US3.
527, 96, -410

wow. Tons of it around here. Theres a large pillar of stone, lots of copper and coal and lots of Ancient tech pieces.

OK thank you.