Ancient Tech Components - Leads on Where to Find Them

Look in caves that don’t have alot of the blue tech components, also mountains now fill in as caves because they’re ore rich, I’ll post coordinates later when I move my house.

This answers your other thread too but the old servers are in the process of being wiped. AKA you have no house now. I currently cannot connect to the new testing server but I’m guessing they’ll address that tomorrow. We just have to have patience.

1 Like

oh… They’re wiping my house? I don’t care I didn’t have one. I feel bad for my friend though. @_@ AND MY REFINERY!!!
RIP - Refinery. 2016 - 2016 (roughly 4 hours)
I hope ores are more common, I had trouble finding silver gold and everything but copper and iron, fossils were impossibru to find, but I found almost a thousand of the components.

How long is it gonna take? I’m dying to death to not explore with the compass!!!

so if the server did realy got wiped tonight me and meowmere are coming to you guys.
do you have enough space for two more houses?

When a wipe occurs it happens equally for everyone. So EVERYONE lost EVERYTHING. You guys are more than free to build together on the next test worlds but from the announcement from James today it sounded like those won’t be up for more than a week, max.

1 Like

So I have a theory, can anyone who has mined an ancient tech component state the mining level they were when it happened?

I’ve found all mine while mining in the desert mountains at y coordinates of 100 - 150. Don’t remember the exact y coordinates.

I mean, mining skill level.

I found components from snow biome close the surface and if i remember correctly my mining was level 8-9

Don’t remember my exact level. Between 5-10. Not sure how this would affect the world generating resources :confused:

Posting this request again.

Replying as I got lucky. Coords were about where everyone else was suggesting, in terms of y level (roughly 100-150).

5 Likes

Aaaah, the good ol’ standard issue atx power cable is what I’m looking for :smile:

4 Likes

How hard was it in your cases to find minerals and other unique stuffs? I’ve been searching for about 2-3 hours and had already explored a large cave and even reached the lava and mantle but all I can see are soft coal, ancient tech fragment, and fossil… :persevere:

I found my first component after about 6 hours of searching (although I was stopping for coal, iron, and copper as I came across them). I found my second one after about half an hour after. I think it’s just luck based really. I found that one I took a picture of hiding behind a tech fragment on a cliff in the desert. I found the second just chilling about 20 y levels above a lava pool in a cave.

1 Like

Well now that testing servers are gone, I hope my luck gets better with the live version :sweat_smile:

As I was about to go mining I noticed that the cave near my home regenerated, but it didn’t just regenerate. It regenerated into an ancient tech and fossil cave! :smiley:

The components were found around levels 60-80 in the ice biome(live version).

6 Likes

got bored and decided to find ancient tech devices. Managed to find 2 in an hour along with a ton of other components. I found them on Alturnik in high altitude mountains that look very specifically like these. Just wanted to share.

Best way to find them was to walk around these mountains and try and spot them without ruining your eye sight lol.

2 Likes

I thought you said 3 hours first :wink: