Another leaving post

This conversation is becoming a pain pane… plane pain… PLAIN PAIN!

7 Likes

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain…glass? Totally on topic, something about 140 characters, look at me go hashtagging or something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

…In Hertford, Hereford, and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen. (One of my favorite movies!)

2 Likes

I know this is all in good spirits, but I made my post because I will miss the community (edit: most of the community hah) nothing more. The game became a big part of my life, so did the community. A farewell post seemed fitting when I’ve not been playing for months… It was my own fault my beacons expired, but that doesn’t change the sadness I still felt when I saw it!

8 Likes

I kept your post and tbh most previous ones before the last week or so in mind when commenting on that nature of thread yesterday. Farewell threads weren’t so standoffish before.

And ones like Golbin’s where he was looking for someone to take over are fine/necessary. Hopefully this stigma doesn’t last long.

Don’t get me wrong, people have different opinions but I don’t think making fun of people is good in any situation, not to sound like an after school special haha!

This game gets into your heart, and passion makes for heated opinions I think…!

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, why does this thread exist and why isn’t it locked yet?

It’s blatantly exists purely to mock or disrespect other members of the community (or departing members). The only think I can see it achieving is that it serves to cement a sense of community and superiority in those people too blinkered to be able to accept that for all it is a reasonable game and enjoyable to some, Boundless does indeed have flaws too.

Given that some people’s leaving threads have been closed by a supposedly impartial moderator because “This thread has run it’s course. Nothing more can come from it.”, this thread surely deserves the same treatment? Nothing positive can come from this either.

5 Likes

It isn’t intended to mock anyone. Please don’t defame me with your silly accusation.

I think leaving posts are perfectly valid. It’s an open forum, therefore all posts are valid. People are free to comment, debate or disagree with anything. That’s the nature of a forum.

However, I’ll be sure to run any future posts by you to make sure they meet your imagined standard of what constitutes a valid post.

3 Likes

I think it’s more true to say that people should be free to comment, debate or disagree with anything. I have recently seen threads that express negative opinions get locked far before any forum rules are broken, to the point that I don’t really feel that’s the case. But as we’re pretending it is:

I disagree with this opinion as I consider it it do be an entirely disingenuous misrepresentation.

3 Likes

You’re free to disagree, of course, but you’re wrong. The reason I know you’re wrong is because I know what my intention was and you don’t.

1 Like

I definitely know this was just banter, in good spirits trying to lighten the mood on the forum :slight_smile:

I was just pointing out that the game becomes super important to some people, and leaving posts can be important to them even if you don’t understand it sometimes

3 Likes

Oh, absolutely. Only you know your intentions. But when logical conclusion about the intent and point of a post conflicts with what someone says is the intent, I always err on the side of logic. I find that people on forums are unfortunately not always 100% truthful.

For example. The post title is ‘Another leaving post’. The word ‘another’ strongly implies that it is in reference to other recent posts with similar titles or content. The content of your OP is entirely trite and banal, and isn’t something that you (or anyone else) would post with any seriousness (otherwise, I would expect to see such a post on a daily basis, as you presumably stop to go to sleep every day, or at least most days). It’s simply a logical conclusion that the inane nature of this post belies your underlying opinion of the posts you reference, while serving no positive goal. In short, mockery.

3 Likes

No. It was simply because I found it depressing that so many valued members of our community were leaving and I wanted to try and do a silly post that would counter the negativity that was creeping into those posts by making people grin or even do a little sigh or eye roll.

4 Likes

That’s entirely possible. But it’s also possible that it’s not (and I’ve already discussed how I’ll make my decision when faced with two such options).

Although even if I were to assume you correct, I would ask; Why do you feel the need to counter any negativity presented by other users? Surely whatever a person says, however negative, has as much chance of being a true reflection on how players feel about the game as anything positive that people might say.

Shouldn’t we at least try to let the forums be a place for open honesty and truth where they can be? After all, that so few people can accept the bad with the good is exactly why I trust logic over people (and I freely admit that that in itself is a negative attitude to take. It’s just the one that I’ve learned over time will give the most accurate results).

[EDIT] Sorry, have to go to work now. Will answer any reply later.

3 Likes

I agree that a negative opinion isn’t always a bad thing. It was more a response to the negative personal attacks on people that I was meaning.

The current state of the game, for instance, will make some people more negative about the future of it than others and I think that’s valid. As much as I do hope there’s much more content to come to Boundless, I’m also in a place where I’m happy with what is already in game and continue to enjoy the game for what it is. I do wish there was a bigger development team and community managers, etc, but I guess it’s not profitable enough for that.

1 Like

I noticed! <3

1 Like

Welcome back :rofl:

Yeah I didn’t mean to include yours in my many rants lately, lol. Compared to the usual, your goodbye read more like a ‘gg’ at the end of a game rather than listening to someone rage quit.

3 Likes

Oh such a GG! The G-est of G’s! :smiley:

1 Like

Shouldn’t we also let the forums be a lighthearted place? When things get tense, some people respond with satire, comedy, and sarcasm. Those people have as much of a right to express their feelings on the overall tension as you do on what you feel strongly about.

I view this post as satire, not mockery.

4 Likes