Any improvements with this game?

Hello guys I used to play this game since it first came out till 2020. I noticed the developers kinda abandoned this game by not adding much. And a lot of people left. I was wondering if there is anything new? Are there lots of people playing still? Is this on ps5? Any upcoming events or updates? I loved this game it’s definitely a gem and sooo underrated. It has so much potential but the developers Need to make this game their first priority.

5 Likes

not yet but I am tinkering in AutoCad for my next big workshop build

4 Likes

I was debating on posting a reply and figured what the heck.

Let’s answer all your questions:

That I am aware of since 2020 there are no improvements or changes to the game.

There were never lots of people playing. The average monthly peak player count on Steam since the release of the game is about 190 concurrent players. This of course doesn’t count PS players.

Currently, the game during peak hours reaches about 75 concurrent players. This number does include PS players, but not players on private worlds.

Nope.

Upcoming events would be the usual Boundless events we’ve had in the past. Holiday events, Gleambow, etc.

There are no updates that any of us are aware in regards to what may or may not be coming to the game.

A lot of players are just waiting for anything from Monumental, although I question if any kind of update or new addition is even warranted as it wouldn’t bring players back for the most part. Swords and shields wouldn’t be much of an update for people … and it wouldn’t really draw in new players nor fix the new player experience which most likely would come first if an update did happen.

If you enjoyed the game before, you’re in luck! It’s still the same Boundless :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it is.

warps away again.

2 Likes

You can play boundless on PS5. I am still on the old 4 but all my friends just about have the 5 that’s how I know :heart::heart:

2 Likes

I wish I could edit my post!!

I wasn’t sure if it was good to know it is. Wish it could take advantage of the better graphics :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1

Perhaps that’s something Monumental could achieve - add a “View Distance” slider in settings to change the distance where the level of detail is halved.

2 Likes

/Add the Water Reflection would be a +1 for Console :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly, I would like the water to not have a reflection and be clear. Back in late 2019, the water was clear for 2 weeks and I loved it.

1 Like

lol sorry but there is no update and there won’t be any time soon. Monumental has no clue what they’re doing.

4 Likes

i-think-youre-kind-of-rude-david

1 Like

Rude maybe, but does it make him wrong? :rofl:

1 Like

I do remember this is was great. You could see waaaay down into the water.

1 Like
 Support@playboundless.com.

I still play and like it. But I do wonder, are the 100 of us or so who play just so blessed to be able to play this great game that the rest of the world doesn’t seem to know about?

or

Is the game actually pretty bad, but for some reason, it appeals and entertains the 100 of us left because we are the weird ones?

8 Likes

It’s really hard to answer this one as I do love the game, but if I am honest, it’s an outdated game on an outdated engine and no amount of updates will really make the population grow much.

I enjoy the game… alot. It has a certain relaxing vibe that I don’t get with many games and the community big or small has for the most part been great.

Is it bad? Nah. Does it need some work? Yup.

Bluntly speaking, I don’t think fixing the NPE, adding more content, better marketing and all that jazz will help it, other than bring back some old players, gaining a few new ones along the way to replace those that left… and so on.

I’d love it to succeed, but all in all, if I was Monumental, I’d make a Boundless 2 or something new with the same ideas, because making an old game new again seldom works.

I hope to be proven wrong on all counts, but I’m a realist… love the game.

2 Likes

raises hand Fully admit to being weird

4 Likes

Any improvements with this game?
Nope !

2 Likes

laugh

@tarranth - It is like you have a website here dedicated to memes but people keep posting comments about a game called Boundless.

1 Like