Any way to rename your alts?

I have a separate alt for mining and gathering and I realized that I could combine these 2 into a single alt, since they share most of the same skills.

And I wouldn’t have to level up 2 alts exploration stats in order to work in higher tier worlds.

The only problem is that I’ve incorporated the alts job into their names, so unless I can change the name, I’ll be stuck with a ‘chef’ (or whatever I decide) alt that has ‘gatherer’ in its name.

1 Like

I totally agree. I would love to be able to change my character names.
I want to use something more clever for my medic than “alt-64”

2 Likes

I also agree, This needs posting in suggestions.

I have an alt that i created to do something before i learned about skillsets. Now his name is all wack.

1 Like

MASH-64? Lol

6 Likes

Ew mash i hate that show!!!

Out of interest, where does your name come from?

It would be convenient if I didn’t have to delete and resituate my last few nonsense alts.

1 Like

Are you referring to me?

You can delete alts?

Are am I misunderstanding what you said?

1 Like

Yep! Under Character Select, select a Character and it’s the small button under Play with this Character

1 Like

Yes, please. I’d like not to have to start over just to get a name that makes more sense.

When I made my first alt, I clearly didn’t know what I was doing and thought a dedicated builder first would be a good idea. Turns out I wanted to do all the building on my main anyway, so now the name is just confusing.

I’d love the ability to pay a bunch of cubits for a single rename.

4 Likes

I’d love to be able to change my alts name. I wasn’t sure what to call her so made her Egora II. Next one was better, JadeMan, he is blue-green, thinking of making another one and calling him Simple, LOL

1 Like

Duh! I looked for something like that but didn’t see it.

Its right there. Lol

What happens to that alts plots?

Do you lose them?

well if you want the full story :stuck_out_tongue:
It basically started from when I first got a ps3, I had to choose a username that was going to be visible to other players so I didn’t want to use my dj name because it doesn’t sound badass to other players (my mixes were badass so it worked out), Pegasus didn’t quite have the right vibe I was looking for.
I looked around the room and at my keyboard and eventually the ctrl button. so I entered that into the username field but of course, it was taken. after trying several variations of ‘control’, I realized they were all taken so I had to incorporate numbers somehow and I like how 64 is divisible, it is used for many things related to computers, also nintendo 64, 64 bit CPU processing, 64 bit audio etc… so after trying a few more combinations I ended up with a previously unused name of c0ntr0l_64.

the next time I had to create a username was on minecraft for PC and I wanted to simplify it a bit so tried ctrl_64 and it was available. that is the username I use everywhere else except boundless which won’t accept the underscore so it’s ctrl-64 in-game. I made it the same on the forums so people know who I am.

did you want to know where I got my alt names?? those are more fun :stuck_out_tongue:
so I have 2 accounts…

alts on my main account:
‘MEDIC’ (I would have added 2 exclamation points if they were allowed :P) is for reviving any characters on my alt account that have died without a penalty and I don’t want to incur one (sometimes this is foiled when I fall into lava :P)
‘DougDigg’ is my digger/lumberjack :stuck_out_tongue: his expertise in shovel skills. i would have named him Digg,Doug but commas are not allowed. he looks just like DigDug. he is brown and bald :joy:
‘AuntJemima’ is my baker, her expertise is in pies, and of course, syrup. :wink:

characters on my alt account:
The first time I needed to have a second character I needed a crafter and forger so I created ‘Nizzle’.
My plan for a shop is to make a chisel shop. I will sell forged chisels and grapples, but haven’t got the resources to pump them out regularly enough to sell them yet. I went with Nizzle because I wanted it to rhyme with chisel :stuck_out_tongue:
‘alt-64’ was the first alt I created on the 2nd account in the current worlds. he is my alt(ernate) character as well as of course i wanted to make ctrl/alt/delete but if i do that i’d want them to be able to all be online at the same time so i’d need another account… but i’m not ready for that :stuck_out_tongue: I mostly use him to revive ctrl-64 heh.
I needed to create a builder because ctrl had to sacrifice the chisel epic, so I created ‘RobTheBuilder’. Bob’s more creative cousin. Rob is also devious so he dares you to rob him. just go ahead and try :wink: watch out for traps :stuck_out_tongue:
and last but not least I needed another alt for general purposes. so I made ‘GeneralPurpose’. he does anything that my other alts can’t afford points for or don’t use often. like opening portals and having different beacon permissions within a build.

4 Likes

yes, you lose them

I did wonder whether your name had something to do with the Nintendo 64.

2 Likes

chill yo!
just request it, maybe they will add it.

hey. maybe they are already working on it :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!
I had incorrectly assumed it was something to do with the commodore 64.
Nearly though!

1 Like

Yep! 10 chars

hehe ya kinda :stuck_out_tongue: our family had one but it became my sister’s. I never played it that much as the best game we had for it was like donkey kong maybe. next was mischief makers.

oh right! haha how could i forget! I never had or even used one though… I heard it has an amazingly retro voice synthesis program :joy: