Any way to rename your alts?

I’d love to be able to change my alts name. I wasn’t sure what to call her so made her Egora II. Next one was better, JadeMan, he is blue-green, thinking of making another one and calling him Simple, LOL

1 Like

Duh! I looked for something like that but didn’t see it.

Its right there. Lol

What happens to that alts plots?

Do you lose them?

well if you want the full story :stuck_out_tongue:
It basically started from when I first got a ps3, I had to choose a username that was going to be visible to other players so I didn’t want to use my dj name because it doesn’t sound badass to other players (my mixes were badass so it worked out), Pegasus didn’t quite have the right vibe I was looking for.
I looked around the room and at my keyboard and eventually the ctrl button. so I entered that into the username field but of course, it was taken. after trying several variations of ‘control’, I realized they were all taken so I had to incorporate numbers somehow and I like how 64 is divisible, it is used for many things related to computers, also nintendo 64, 64 bit CPU processing, 64 bit audio etc… so after trying a few more combinations I ended up with a previously unused name of c0ntr0l_64.

the next time I had to create a username was on minecraft for PC and I wanted to simplify it a bit so tried ctrl_64 and it was available. that is the username I use everywhere else except boundless which won’t accept the underscore so it’s ctrl-64 in-game. I made it the same on the forums so people know who I am.

did you want to know where I got my alt names?? those are more fun :stuck_out_tongue:
so I have 2 accounts…

alts on my main account:
‘MEDIC’ (I would have added 2 exclamation points if they were allowed :P) is for reviving any characters on my alt account that have died without a penalty and I don’t want to incur one (sometimes this is foiled when I fall into lava :P)
‘DougDigg’ is my digger/lumberjack :stuck_out_tongue: his expertise in shovel skills. i would have named him Digg,Doug but commas are not allowed. he looks just like DigDug. he is brown and bald :joy:
‘AuntJemima’ is my baker, her expertise is in pies, and of course, syrup. :wink:

characters on my alt account:
The first time I needed to have a second character I needed a crafter and forger so I created ‘Nizzle’.
My plan for a shop is to make a chisel shop. I will sell forged chisels and grapples, but haven’t got the resources to pump them out regularly enough to sell them yet. I went with Nizzle because I wanted it to rhyme with chisel :stuck_out_tongue:
‘alt-64’ was the first alt I created on the 2nd account in the current worlds. he is my alt(ernate) character as well as of course i wanted to make ctrl/alt/delete but if i do that i’d want them to be able to all be online at the same time so i’d need another account… but i’m not ready for that :stuck_out_tongue: I mostly use him to revive ctrl-64 heh.
I needed to create a builder because ctrl had to sacrifice the chisel epic, so I created ‘RobTheBuilder’. Bob’s more creative cousin. Rob is also devious so he dares you to rob him. just go ahead and try :wink: watch out for traps :stuck_out_tongue:
and last but not least I needed another alt for general purposes. so I made ‘GeneralPurpose’. he does anything that my other alts can’t afford points for or don’t use often. like opening portals and having different beacon permissions within a build.

4 Likes

yes, you lose them

I did wonder whether your name had something to do with the Nintendo 64.

2 Likes

chill yo!
just request it, maybe they will add it.

hey. maybe they are already working on it :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!
I had incorrectly assumed it was something to do with the commodore 64.
Nearly though!

1 Like

Yep! 10 chars

hehe ya kinda :stuck_out_tongue: our family had one but it became my sister’s. I never played it that much as the best game we had for it was like donkey kong maybe. next was mischief makers.

oh right! haha how could i forget! I never had or even used one though… I heard it has an amazingly retro voice synthesis program :joy:

Yeah, sounds not really my bag, but lots of talented musicians embraced it as was leaps ahead. I used to program it, even more hours of the day than I play boundless.

Was meaning to ask if you are the same ctrl-64 from Battlestar Galactica Online?

You guys are gonna make OP pop a sprocket. :joy:

2 Likes

actually no, that one’s not me. :stuck_out_tongue:
also if they allow underscores there then mine wouldn’t have a hyphen

Man thats soo weird you said that because im sure on the forums he was ctrl_alt_delete :open_mouth: guess I found your internet doppelgänger

1 Like

Huh, must be an age thing since I thought more about the Commodore 64 which people called the C64 and since ctrl also starts with a c…

2 Likes

I would lean towards reboot or patching or something since ctrl alt etc…

1 Like

I would rename some chars too if this was available for cash.

Usually the reason not to offer name changes, at least in an automated fashion, is it provides an avenue to grief someone and then keep changing names to make it harder to get caught. It’s just something extra you gotta take the time to think thru and account for so it doesn’t complicate customer support.

3 Likes

You having an alt called ‘alt-64’ is amazing :joy:

2 Likes

Well, for PlayStation players, we always have our PSN ID under our names anyway.
No hiding nothin’. :wink:

2 Likes

I am all for a renaming option for sale in the Exchange. let it cost like 200-300 cubits, and lets you rename the character you have logged in. (alternatively let you rename any character on your account).

I took great care in my names so they were related, but generic so I could repurpose them, but not everyone thinks of that when they start a character for sure.

I thought I had read somewhere that they were potentially adding this feature, thanks for doing that leg work :wink: