Anyone else feel like playing Boundless is like a second job?

Where’s Semtex and the others gone? I know Sem still plays daily but not sure about the others. I think Sword has gone back to NMS. I’d be very surprised if Sem has abandoned you because I know he was quite proud of what you guys were accomplishing there.

I havent opened the journal since it told me to go to a level 4 planet and i was still level 9 lol. Its a trap! Dont open it

1 Like

Sem is on Biitula and Sword is back in NMS don’t know where the others are haven’t seen Kavon or DaveZ or Mikkdc I am all by myself. Sampitech does pop in from time to time

That’s crazy, dude. I don’t know much about the others but I’m very surprised at Semtex. It just goes to show that when you think you know someone etc. etc.

time you spend ingame is less time you waste jobmoney so is not to bad :smile:

Unless you spend your money on ingame purchases

2 Likes

He does keep a portal open to Aztex to two hubs so I am grateful for that

Yes, I’ve said this in another thread, but I feel like it takes about twice as long to do simple tasks then I would expect. The amount of grind in this game is right up against my tolerance threshold.

2 Likes

yes, my Steam outgoings are at the lower rate in years!

Ah, that’s good to know. He’s still around then. Cool.

If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know. I’ll probably be up to my neck in it for the next week but after that I should have more free time. So gimme a shout if you need anything. :slight_smile:

I find it fun just knowing that I’m helping people in the game - whether by maintaining my portal mall, advising on builds / projects, giving noobs tutorials and tips about the game, buying things at reasonable prices and selling things people need occasionally, but not as a full time gig. Prestige drains fun IMO. Break free! Build a simple but useful shop that offers one thing at killer prices. Join an already big settlement so you don’t feel obligated to deal with prestige.

Have fun :blush:

That caught my attention. It’s like you are saying you have something that you want and feel you need to do but pressured to keep your village at a number 10 level.
Only you can decide if it is really that important in the long run, but the need to do so is what is making the game lose it joy for you.

I don’t know who is in your village, how many are part of it, but look at what could be shared with others. If it is just you, then decided do you want that pressure.

For me, all I want is the fun of building, of crafting what I will enjoy making. Right now I’m focusing on the baking/cooking aspect. I think I will enjoy that. If I don’t, I’ll drop it. I want fun, not pressure. The settlement that I am part of is my son’s base and mine. He remarked the other day that he is considering seeing If our neighbor would let us merge with her. That is his decision, the settlement is his, he has done all the work. He at first wanted it kept separate. At present he is involved in Fallout 76.
Decide what you really want; the prestige, if that is important to you, you can cut back on the other so you have the needed time for it. If you feel it is a drain, decide how important that is really to you if you feel that way. Cut it lose, go with what you enjoy, not feel you have to do and the game will be fun again.

Sure, Boundless is kinda of like a second job, except it’s one I enjoy and look forward to every day. Pay is crappy but I get all the time off I want and at least there was on-the-job training available.

Sounds like a healthy option for you at this point would be to fuel your beacons and uninstall the game and not play it for a week. If you still want to play it at the end of that week, well there you go.

There was eight others in the village but one by one they stopped playing Boundless two of them still play but moved somewhere else. I don’t want to abandon it I like what we built. All their beacon’s stay fueled so I assume they have gleam club or they come back and refuel them. I want to look after the place incase they do came back to the game some will I think when they get done with RDR2. I really do enjoy the game but sometimes just feel that I cant take a night off. I try not to worry about prestige but there is something satisfying about seeing those numbers go up.

Games are not supposed to stress you out. Well, maybe it’s ok to get a little worked up when bunny hopping around fragging people in Quake Champions or something, but a game like this? Nah. Take a break from it maybe. Close your shop, dunno what to tell ya. Either way there’s no point getting stressed over a beautiful game like this.

1 Like