Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

Actually Prior to 2013, around 5 million was raised just for the turbulenz engine.

Turbulenz breaks cover with $5 million funding | GamesIndustry.biz

And how is Boundless supposed to promote the engine when it was only announced 2 years after the engine went free to use?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

2 Likes

Roadmap would be nice

1 Like

I think this thread can help answer your questions.

1 Like

I love to hear your opinions though :smiley:

This is the trailer I saw that caused me to come and play the game. After time I looked for those other planets, but could never find them. Nor could I find the character models, which I thought were a subscription/gleam club unlock to be honest.
But when I learned that this trailer was created in 2016, 2 years before the official release, using EA footage? Well I felt a little cheated…

7 Likes

That was the First Trailer i saw too and was catched :wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes

I don’t know about this trailer, but I would buy it again…
Have to share it on fb now… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it @Marcello666 good Idea :+1::+1::+1:
That also bring’s me to another Idea :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

This is the trailer that sold me to this game…too bad 85% of it didn’t actually happen :frowning:

Oort Online - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

3 Likes

What 85% you talking about?
I can’t see anything that we don’t have at time…

1 Like

Well, at this point, I’d say my feelings are this: Phil giving reassurance that there will absolutely be warning if a public server shutdown is coming is sufficient to keep me playing, as I love the game and community so much.

On other communication? I’ve given up now. The silence speaks volumes – message received, point hammered home. Maybe it is for legal reasons, lawyers told them to keep quiet, which makes sense if there is any question of liability on any front if development is halted. Maybe they just don’t know what to say to us, figure better to say nothing then. Maybe if we’re lucky they are working on a new deal with some group – as I posted elsewhere, I think getting a deal with Sony to have Boundless on Spartacus could be ideal and allow the game to reach it’s true potential. Or maybe – though I’ve said elsewhere, I hope this isn’t the case – they’re just totally over this game and us and, while they might be obliged to keep it up for some contractual reason or want it up as a tech demo or something, aren’t going to waste one second they don’t have to on us. Hate to think that way but when looking at the overall picture and changes over the years… :frowning:

Well, like I said, still grateful for the game regardless of what is going on, just hate the idea that my fun might be coming at the expense of begrudged labor from people who resent it and would rather be doing something else. If nothing else, would like them to know that their game DOES mean a lot to and helped so many of us, that their work has a lot of meaning and was truly beneficial and appreciated.

11 Likes

Yes! I can see my old house from here!

2 Likes

You joined the community in 2019. My reference is from 2014 to 2018. The False prophet video :frowning:

I learned that lesson harshly…when I found out that its a lottery system and spent nearly $500 total to get a T6 farming hub of each planet for the gems…Never again :frowning:

1 Like

Watch this gameplay trailer. It features stuff from EA that didn’t make it to the finished game. It is the only one (that I know of) that features the Titans.

1 Like

Maybe you’re right but I really don’t care about this titans, to be honestly…

I don’t know… Maybe we talk about what all happened between this time…

I can’t see any meteors in the vid…

I can’t see any economy…

I can’t see any exo planets…

I can’t see any harvesting action on fields…

Can’t see any forge…

I can’t see any events…

Yeah, maybe they don’t implement everything, but to say 85% are missing is not right as far that I can see.

We’ve become so many useful things, like reclaim and repair all coils with the machine together…and many other… No one talk about this stuff…

Most people are just talking about negativ things… I guess there’s much more positive things inside this game, than negative parts…

5 Likes

On top of all this … the video doesn’t show the community.

Which is what really makes Boundless what it is…

8 Likes