Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

I think this thread can help answer your questions.

1 Like

I love to hear your opinions though :smiley:

This is the trailer I saw that caused me to come and play the game. After time I looked for those other planets, but could never find them. Nor could I find the character models, which I thought were a subscription/gleam club unlock to be honest.
But when I learned that this trailer was created in 2016, 2 years before the official release, using EA footage? Well I felt a little cheatedā€¦

7 Likes

That was the First Trailer i saw too and was catched :wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know about this trailer, but I would buy it againā€¦
Have to share it on fb nowā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it @Marcello666 good Idea :+1::+1::+1:
That also bringā€™s me to another Idea :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

This is the trailer that sold me to this gameā€¦too bad 85% of it didnā€™t actually happen :frowning:

Oort Online - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

3 Likes

What 85% you talking about?
I canā€™t see anything that we donā€™t have at timeā€¦

1 Like

Well, at this point, Iā€™d say my feelings are this: Phil giving reassurance that there will absolutely be warning if a public server shutdown is coming is sufficient to keep me playing, as I love the game and community so much.

On other communication? Iā€™ve given up now. The silence speaks volumes ā€“ message received, point hammered home. Maybe it is for legal reasons, lawyers told them to keep quiet, which makes sense if there is any question of liability on any front if development is halted. Maybe they just donā€™t know what to say to us, figure better to say nothing then. Maybe if weā€™re lucky they are working on a new deal with some group ā€“ as I posted elsewhere, I think getting a deal with Sony to have Boundless on Spartacus could be ideal and allow the game to reach itā€™s true potential. Or maybe ā€“ though Iā€™ve said elsewhere, I hope this isnā€™t the case ā€“ theyā€™re just totally over this game and us and, while they might be obliged to keep it up for some contractual reason or want it up as a tech demo or something, arenā€™t going to waste one second they donā€™t have to on us. Hate to think that way but when looking at the overall picture and changes over the yearsā€¦ :frowning:

Well, like I said, still grateful for the game regardless of what is going on, just hate the idea that my fun might be coming at the expense of begrudged labor from people who resent it and would rather be doing something else. If nothing else, would like them to know that their game DOES mean a lot to and helped so many of us, that their work has a lot of meaning and was truly beneficial and appreciated.

11 Likes

Yes! I can see my old house from here!

2 Likes

You joined the community in 2019. My reference is from 2014 to 2018. The False prophet video :frowning:

I learned that lesson harshlyā€¦when I found out that its a lottery system and spent nearly $500 total to get a T6 farming hub of each planet for the gemsā€¦Never again :frowning:

1 Like

Watch this gameplay trailer. It features stuff from EA that didnā€™t make it to the finished game. It is the only one (that I know of) that features the Titans.

1 Like

Maybe youā€™re right but I really donā€™t care about this titans, to be honestlyā€¦

I donā€™t knowā€¦ Maybe we talk about what all happened between this timeā€¦

I canā€™t see any meteors in the vidā€¦

I canā€™t see any economyā€¦

I canā€™t see any exo planetsā€¦

I canā€™t see any harvesting action on fieldsā€¦

Canā€™t see any forgeā€¦

I canā€™t see any eventsā€¦

Yeah, maybe they donā€™t implement everything, but to say 85% are missing is not right as far that I can see.

Weā€™ve become so many useful things, like reclaim and repair all coils with the machine togetherā€¦and many otherā€¦ No one talk about this stuffā€¦

Most people are just talking about negativ thingsā€¦ I guess thereā€™s much more positive things inside this game, than negative partsā€¦

5 Likes

On top of all this ā€¦ the video doesnā€™t show the community.

Which is what really makes Boundless what it isā€¦

8 Likes

@Marcello666 i agree with all the stuff You ve mentioned about Things WE got and weren t announced before !!!

Sure i would like to have the Compact oort to fuel Portals which would make IT easy for me with all the Portal but its Not live at the moment sadly but everything ealse IS good so far AS IT IS ( Not everything IS perfect but No Games has that)

@Redlotus totally agree BOUNDLESS has an awesome Community which makes the difference and properbly the biggest pro for the Game !!!

4 Likes

I think all thos +50 hearts For this topic speak For itselfā€¦ I rarely see even 20 these days.

3 Likes

Also interesting to see the amount of history contained in all of those likes. People who started playing a year ago, people who got here 5 years ago, people who got here 8 years agoā€¦ So many of us who saw potential in the game and who wanted it to survive and thrive.

1 Like

i remember once we all meat up with james to run together true a huge portal into some new worlds for a video the devā€™s made
and theres another vid they made with some of our builds
not sure where those vids are atm

4 Likes

I think both are in the 1.0 trailer. Not?