Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

Nah, sorry, had my fill of onlines games for a while. I’ll just keep waiting for the few I’m looking forward, which incidentally are either solo games or with limited online interactions.

More Blizzard ranting

I wanna lmao so hard when I see Blizzard making the lamest game reveal ever, going “we don’t have a name yet, we can’t tell you about the story either yet (trust us, it’s awesome though WINK), but we can tell you it’s gonna be an early access, survival, open-world game with crafting!”. Yeah, sorry, been there, done that. #FourHorsemenOfTheApocalypse

3 Likes

I can tell you its a videogame.

Edit. Scratch that… It could be a cupholder too

4 Likes

Maybe now that they are owned it will be better… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Oh yeah, Micro$oft is well known as the Jesus Christ of the industry. /s ^^
People are already wondering if every Blizzard game will transfer from BattleNet to Game Pass, which would be neat for that crowd, I guess. Personally, I was already getting sick of having Call of Duty ads in my launcher all the time…

2 Likes

If I took you out of context then I do apologize. I had seen comments like this in various places where people were serious basically so I linked you to those sentiments.

Wish I knew about it I woulda got the $4500 boop :laughing: I prob spent more than that already but but but I should get Oortion keys so I can give Daddy Georgio a key too (Q.Q)

It’s more than just a game to me me Boundless Family got me though this year and kept a smile on me face for how rough RL got boop :heart: oortions

10 Likes

instruction not clear
broke my cup into the floor

He wasn’t talking about Boundless, Cookie-chan, but about the new game Blizzard announced, which people know frighteningly little about. :wink:

2 Likes

I mean aint that what internet is For… Taking stuff out of context

All of this!! :slight_smile: Though I’m griping here, it’s out of disappointment and because I do still love the game and especially this community. There is no question that my games in general but this one being a big one pulled me through some VERY rough times, might well have kept me from just ending it all, sounds horrible but mean that seriously, I was extremely bottomed out and hopeless and games provided me my one escape and the friends I made here really helped me through a lot of it.

… And if I had been able to get the Oortian package, I’d have 100% also handed over my dev phone call conversations privileges to Father Reaper too!! :joy:

10 Likes

I pretty much assume that the way it works, is by a bird’s eye view straight down. Just like the plot view at the bottom center of the screen, that’s how the game ‘saves’ who owns what on a planet.

It’d save space as well, since it only has to keep one owner’s name in mind for the entire column, and not several names at once.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is and always has been.

There was some discussion way back in the early days about how that was kind of limiting (we imagined cliff-side resorts with peoples homes at different places in the cliff wall, or grand bustling underground cities with multiple levels owned by different people). I think the first mention I remember was when people were building a massive Oort Temple and finding it frustrating to have to have the floor owner also be the roof owner (it was huge).

But at the end of the day it was a big enough logistical issue (both in terms of how you store the data, how you make a UI for it, how you work permissions around that multiple potential nearby beacon owners) that the devs decided what they had was good enough, and not to invest more time into when they had a lot of other things to do. Sad, but understandable.

4 Likes

“Oortion keys so I can give Daddy Georgio a key too (Q.Q)“
That would be a dream. I always hoped there were a few oortian keys still out there and I’d be able to weasel one from someone. But alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.

@bucfanpaka “I’d have 100% also handed over my dev phone call conversations privileges to Father Reaper too!!”

You and Babycookie are too kind.
Though if I had that opportunity, I would have definitely pushed for monetized skin textures and body paints along with other decorative wearables to be released regularly in the store to continue bringing in money. Skins and body paints are easy and quick to make. And would at least add I little more income. People love customizing there characters. If they added a skin system. You could pretty much change the race of your character and still add body paints over them to add many variations of characters. Same with block skins. They’re very easy to make. I always wanted more metal blocks. And the simplest way I could see adding them was using a block changer chisel to cycle through the different skins for the blocks rather then having to add new recipes to craft them. Have them also in the store for purchase. It seems money was the main issue things stopped being developed. So find ways to make more money.

8 Likes

Love all of that! :+1: And that’s exactly why I’d want you to have the ability to talk to them rather than me if I had been able to get that package. Heck, if I were one of them, I’d be trying my darndest to recruit you, as you not only have the incredible artistic talent, you’ve clearly got a knack for game system designs too (the trials are absolutely brilliant), and smaller indie studios can use people who can wear many hats like that.

5 Likes

Well thank you again. I really do appreciate the kind words. And have loved this game since day one. I’ve said this before. But I’ve always been willing to help however I can. If they ever coming calling I’ll support them in anyway I can. :fist:

5 Likes

Flashback Fridays! I remember walking through Pixelgate one day and HALF of the Oort Temple had disappeared because one of said owners forgot to maintain the beacon.

1 Like

As in name taken in vain?

1 Like

The clarity of post partisan-hysteria detangling after #ThisExit and #ThatExit is liberating, though admittedly I’m on Princess Mononoke’s intial side in that film.

1 Like

I have no clue what you’re talking about. Going to keep vibing to #remixmyremix2 entries and eating popcorn from all the drama here. I declare neutral, just go around me.

Lunai can into neutrality.

2 Likes

is all goodnik

1 Like