Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

am still confused about what yuo saying. Gib Clarity?

1 Like

Clarity could be triple-distilled and administered to you intravenously and you still wouldnā€™t feel it. You should probably just stick to the popcornā€¦ :popcorn::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yuo are correct.

1 Like

itā€™s all good :smiley:

1 Like

I understood that part, but the first comment I was confused by.

haha your crazy matches my crazy tho 8D

2 Likes

I was thinking more as ā€œpeople think Micro$oft are the saviors of the industryā€ what with Phil Spencer being often seen as a Chad who takes smaller wounded studios in his strong arms and all. Lots of customers with way too vast expectations. Just like some people here who are still convinced James will come back to make things right, so they keep defending his honor.

But if you wanted to say ā€œyouā€™re bad for using the Lordā€™s name in vainā€, well, then I have nothing nice to say, Iā€™m afraid.

3 Likes

I understood this to be sarcasm. Just like when said:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how asking people to not disparage the Devs and talk down about them has anything to with people being hopeful that the Devs might actually release an update (since they said they were trying) before the servers are turned off.

The first is linked to being a decent person that understands they donā€™t have all the information on what is happening and instead of character assassinating someone they just accept that person isnā€™t acting the way they wanted them to.

The second is just hoping a game you like will somehow continue when all the cards are stacked against it. It shows the character of a person willing to take the high road and just enjoy something instead of trying to tear it down so others canā€™t enjoy it.

1 Like

It never ceases to amaze me just how many people end up under a damning rain of fire every time you make one of these ambiguously broad-stroked attacks, Mr. ā€˜High Roadā€™. Does that honestly sound like something a ā€œdecent personā€ would do?

Seriously folks, at this pointā€¦ why does it still have to be an ā€˜Us vs. Themā€™ thing? No one wins here in this situationā€¦ nobody.

4 Likes

Im mr. Lonelyā€¦ Mr. Lonelyā€¦ I have nobody. :earth_africa:

Add back the debug pig
That is all

1 Like

Sunk Cost Fallacy, simple.

There is no us vs themā€¦ but there are people that are playing and just trying to play the game and have moved on that the Devs arenā€™t responding. Then there are people that keep coming back and all they do is attack the Devs for the lack of communication or whatever other offense they have had.

If that stopped Iā€™m sure there would less drama here because the people that are playing are just playing and not really causing any noise about the annoying delay in updates or possible game shut down at some point.

I get thatā€¦ Perhaps I misread what you were trying to say. Iā€™m just tired of the negative back and forths here. Everything seems so personal and convolutedā€¦ it truly is saddening to me.

Individuals have the right to form their own opinions about whatā€™s going on here; thatā€™s what happens in the face of silence. In a game thatā€™s completely based on an online, persistent universe, I feel new players deserve the right to be informed of the current state of things. Letā€™s just be honest, the outlook isnā€™t too great. The developers also reserve the right to explain or even defend themselvesā€¦ and that certainly isnā€™t happening here in much capacity. Itā€™s beyond troubling.

On that note, thank you @majorvex for creating this topic. I feel like the community has really weighed in here on both sides, for better or for worse, and itā€™s led to some (mostly) productive and interesting discourse.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends. Stay Boundlessā„¢. :boundless:

5 Likes

In fairness, if the people who are ā€œJust playing and not really causing any noiseā€ stopped jumping into threads to defend Boundless and the team, there would also be way less drama. People would end up on the forums, make their complains and have nothing else to do instead of constantly battling to get their points across and feel heard.

People say itā€™s an ā€œUs vs Themā€ because 1 side doesnā€™t argue and make drama in a vacuum. It takes two.

4 Likes

Well Said. This was an interesting discussion. The game is in maintenance mode right now
but I think theyā€™ll come back. Hope iā€™m not wrong, but doubt the devs will respond any time soon.

Donā€™t have much personal attachment like @Xaldafax , but I think after BG3 the update will be released. Everyone enjoy your weekend :slight_smile: . Itā€™s not an ā€œUs vs Themā€ argument.

ā€œI donā€™t need drama this seasonā€
Seriously, those people should probably let the players speak whatever. This is a free forum. The people who are also being overwhelmingly negative arenā€™t doing any favors either.

Reminds me of the Elite players who constantly say ā€œThis game is doomed! the servers will shut down in 7 monthsā€ and their predictions never come true.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t trying to say those just playing havenā€™t added to some of the drama. Sometimes things get heated and probably didnā€™t need to go in that direction. Or negative points could have been just left alone instead of commented on. Iā€™m certainly one of the vocal ones from ā€œone side of the discussionā€ and I havenā€™t posted much in this thread yet it keeps going and going and going even if when I donā€™t post.

I only stepped in to ask people to not call James a jerk because they canā€™t understand why he wonā€™t do as they say and post or for them to not get on Steam and say the game is dead to keep people from trying to play it. If you actually go back and took the time to look at all the threads you would see, in all fairness, that those ā€œdefending Boundlessā€, barely post.

Yup I guess we could be silent and never say anything but then any new person or someone that doesnā€™t understand the context will just see negative junk talking all down about the game and how there is no in-game community still, etc. and they will leave.

At the end of the day the situation is VERY clear - those that are unhappy with the game and posting here will never feel heard at this point with no Dev response. The Devs have clearly communicated the situation they are in and shown exactly that they do not want to have a further conversation around the topic at this point. So ex-players can complain until the cows come home but James wonā€™t change his mind for now and magically post something until he feels that he has information that needs to be shared.

I donā€™t know anyone that thinks the silence is good, fair to the community, or a smart play by the Devs and that the game has much hope to survive past the original contract (if that is what is keeping it alive). But, some of us can just not beat a dead horse and play the game instead. Others have to come back and continue to beat Boundless to ruin it for everyone instead of just letting it go.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think that anyone is saying Boundless is bad. What they are saying is that it is quite crappy to own a business and not talk to your happy/unhappy clientele, regardless of the reasons why. It is downright rude when I think about it. I am one of the more vocal people that love the game. I play it every day, I have over 4000 hrs in less than a year, I love the game. I love the community. I even love the Devs, but I DESPISE this lack of communication.

It would take all of 5 minutes to make a post about the game and its future or lack thereof. The lack of communication leaves too much for speculation and that in itself has created this rift between players much more than the players have. As I stated above, itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor business and to think those ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor ethics have moved on to a bigger game and company. If I was a company and was hiring people and I saw how they treated their community Iā€™d have a hard time hiring them.

All in all, I love the game. Go back and read all my posts and you will see how I have defended the game and I always err to the positive side as the game itself is fine as it is. The community however isnā€™t fine as it is because it is more than evident from threads just like this one there are a lot of unhappy community members that could use some form of communication.

The lack of communication creates too much unknown speculation. Is it a last ditch effort to make money? Is it dead? Is it just a matter of time until the Devs come back? Are the servers going down tomorrow? Next week? Never? Does James care?

A post or two saying you care about your community regardless of the future of the game would go further than the perceived ā€œtuck your tail between your legs and hideā€.

Love the game, but the business ethics just plain suck.

4 Likes

Something I have pointed out before is that there have been communications about this, and the answer is fairly clear. There is no progress, they are busy with their day jobs, there is no news, there is no plan to shut down. Do you think that it would be helpful if they come and repeat this periodically? Maybe you donā€™t think their communications before were clear?

I totally get being upset about the situation, I am too, but I donā€™t personally understand what the expectation is.

2 Likes