Are you going to wipe anytime soon due to *new amazing news and updates*?

There has been a lot of discussion around this lately. If there was just a wipe or a new planet, the same issue would repeat itself. Something new or different would need to be done. One solution would be to limit players’ # of plots on (new) starter planets. There have been several other solutions suggested too. I’m not sure what the right solution is, but it would be difficult to apply such large changes on top of existing systems without upsetting a lot of players. There were no rules saying we had to complete a tower on our plots within X time and that parks/forests were frowned upon. Therefore, ripping up plots with underground mines/builds or nature type areas wouldn’t be fair imo.

8 Likes

i know… but i for one have actually explored some of these plots (a few months ago) to actually make sure my source is correct… some plots which appear 100% empty are 100% empty, you can tell it is original nature… and there is no entrence to mines or anything any where on many of those plots (the ones i have checked out)

and i know it cant be done due to Monetary payments now… but back in the day if the devs felt that someone was taking the ■■■■ or Land Trolling, the devs would come down from their cloud and code those beacons out

Not to be the A**** :grin:
But from release it was pretty clear plot what you can…
So as long as this person isn’t breaking the rules.
The place is taken….

I would consider “trolling” or “malicious intent” more when you see “new comers” (old and new players) arrive at a established settlement and claim terrain, build up to 10k prestige, turn on plot protection and never show them selfs again.

That said,
It can simply be the case of terrain plotted as a possible new building location followed by completely forgotten plots…. Have had that several times in these past years… (yes they where big chunks of terrain to 1-2k plots if not more in some cases).

Best way to work with it is to try and find said person.
To see if they are willing to give up the spot.
Which can be a pain i know :wink: but maybe someone knows who that is and can get you in touch with this person outside the game or ingame (via mail box at the very least).

5 Likes

people are not using there plots cause they waiting for the wipe

5 Likes

They still make those decisions, at their discretion, as before. Some players pre-plot an area while they are designing it on their server, in Magivoxel, or some other program. There is no time requirement to build or what you have to build. Trolling is looked at on a case x case basis.

2 Likes

As @majorvex said, there has been a LOT of discussion about this very recently. If you haven’t seen them, you should check out these threads:

To wipe or not to wipe

Around the 150 post mark on this thread: Boundless now self published on Steam

3 Likes

No wipe, I’ll be going private universe at that point.

2 Likes

If everything goes poof in public im gone for sure…. As it was said this would never happen from the start….
And im sure I won’t be the only one.

8 Likes

Wipe the wipe threads

10 Likes

Another idea here could be a starter/tutorial planet where you can only place campfires, but that would also require some reworking of the way the starter quests work (not that that would be the worst thing in the world either). Could have it that the warp totem quest teaches you how to leave to get to wherever you want to put your beacon down.

2 Likes

Honestly the wipe would literally kill the player’s population and I would seriously not play any more at that point :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Agree on this one. For old players (backers like me) who has been here from the start before a lot of things have changed, the grind has become worst than previous. I love the game. I have put so much effort, builds, mining and doing services for others since the start, but if the wipe happens, I think my time is done on boundless.

9 Likes

people who just want huge inactive plotted areas to be removed - please stop calling it a wipe;
you are only confusing others

10 Likes

Also, a lot of plots that you see as “keeping nature as it is”, or “I dont want anyone building close to me”, Well a lot of people actually build underground as not to disrupt the nature. So where you may think no one is using the land and hogging up all the space, you would be surprised at all of the amazing builds that are hidden underground. @mranderson412

10 Likes

the point becomes real when you mention (and people understand about) Forgotten plots … .shouldn’t those be removed?

now… moderators - please lock this thread, because my autism really wants to continue debating this until something is done and i don’t want to be banned for freedom of speech… again :slight_smile: cheers

wipe or not, for me it would not really matter, as long as there’s a reclaim and everyone keeps their stuff it’s all good, I do feel that A LOT of players have awesome builds and do not have the time to rebuild everything, that’s a reason for not doing a wipe, also its been talked about people pay for gleam club this would make gleam club useless… and then others think why would I play again when we get a wipe because in time there’s always this fear for another wipe and another and another…just because people do not use their plots anymore and to clear out the clutter… its no solution I think plot issues should be solved individually.

@mranderson412 freedom of speech is also appreciated! I know that a lot of boundless players have autism, one can not really blame that, if you post on a forum expect to get feedback in return, that’s their freedom of speech, everyone has their own opinion, like i said i don’t care about wipe or not, ill be here in good and bad and support those in need

4 Likes

Isn’t this a privately owned forum? How does freedom of speech apply here?

5 Likes

As already stated in a different post. They can’t wipe. They offer the service gleamclub to maintain people’s beacons. People pay that service. If they do not keep their promise of that purchase contract to offer that service they gonna have lawyers on their case and get their booties sued. You can’t just break a contract.

4 Likes

also, i don’t like to plot again 60k ish plots its to much time consuming…
unless James gives us this so-called ‘‘special plotter/deplotter’’ he told me about

3 Likes