Ark players unite

Talk about ark here you inferior survivors
@Solgato ik you like it
And to @Solgato I love genesis maps and I am excited for part 2 also I’m on ps4 no mod but if I had to get them it would be krakens better dinos primal npcs and S+

1 Like

Also remember your comments can be off topic because this is he off topic category ha ha ha

1 Like

I think Swords does Primal NPCs? I’ll have to look it up… for a while there were several human NPC mods in variou stages with wildly varying activities and I experimented with running them all at the ssame time on Roraima with Pugnacia :smiley:

In the wierd year before I ended up literally (verses just relationship-fatiguely) homeless I had a habit of runing around on as many different maps as I could find people running open servers for and over and over getting this burst of dopamine when I put together my (usually CKF first tier) little two-hexagon hut with a bed and chest and attic and lit a torch ::::phfoomph:::

I find that the habits I develop in video games (maybe it’s a sandbox thing tho) often answer questions I didn’t know I had :smiley: I wasn’t into video games until my late… um until This War of Mine made me want to play it (politics) and I was utterly smitten and excited about the potential of video games (real games, not other activities dressed up in gameification/skinner boxes) and their lore and immersion and probem solving (not puzzles, but I guess sandboxes with good physics and such, enough to tap into people’s sense of real reality etc etc) … annnnnyway you get the drift. Once I was hooked I jumped into classes for Gocdot and tried to learn RPGMaker MV but discovered my brain is gone! But there’ll be some mad modding talent here in Boundless… dreams may come true in ways I haven’t thought of yet.

I used to be pretty into LambdaMOO based MOOs, they had everything I liked about BBS but also gopher tablets and such and Sensemedia MOO even let people add html to an attribut of their room objects for posting as part of a web rendering of what people had built in the MOO. I’d bet that several dozens of people learned OOP in the course of making stuff in Lambda MOO and probably got really really good at it. I play Fallen London (very deep and intense and complex but logical story on Failbetter’s StoryNexus platform) and omg the lore…

So yeah I haven’t been able to see the Genesis map yet, it won’t run on my Mac, pretty much the Island is the only thing I can play and I can’t add mods. So I haven’t been playing, I have my cat with me to make up for not being able to ride Triceratops (or Minotaurs, my other favorite)

Genesis part 2 is out so exited