Seems like a lot of old timers and regulars are quitting?

They say stuff like that about games all the time, espcially ARK; ARK is still going…

2 Likes

Let me be clear. I’m not saying that they’re going to shut down the servers. What I’m saying is that this is what the game is at this point. It’s done. Finished. No more updates after 249. If you like Boundless as it currently is, then by all means enjoy it. If you, like me, are still waiting for stuff they promised for 1.0 launch, have 2000+ hours sunk into the game and are tired of the lack of updates then we’re done with it all.

3 Likes

ARK forever mwa ha ha seriously it’s the hardcore version of boundless always going always there never ending
Ironically this is the game that has taken my time away from ARK planning on returning when my base is all done
I’m also glad I’m not the only ark person here still my favorite game
Boundless is a close second

Just a extra tidbit once my base is done I’ll take a couple days break to work on ark so I can do this more often but also do ark

1 Like

I did eventually play more hours of Boundless than I had of ARK; my Mac can no longer run anything but DLC map/no mods single player local–ARK just crashes around the point it connects if I select anything else. It’s been over a year and I mostly just miss a couple of the big PVE mods like Pugnacia mod and of course triceratops, and Roraima and Crystal Isles and Extinctions (the underground forest) maps and watching Swords’ human NPC mod developing, and some of the peeps I had similar tastes in servers. @Fuzzybear1919 did you have any favorite mods/maps/ervers?

One sec I’ll go create a off topic thread for this
Made it

2 Likes

We can talk in the thread I made called ark players unite here’s the link https://forum.playboundless.com/t/ark-players-unite/56436?u=fuzzybear1919

1 Like

do not worry, there are still many active veterans left, I have not yet passed the game xd, despite having more than 1000 levels, I do not see the end, it is a large community very difficult to leave, I just started building xd, lamella farms still has a lot to live for

5 Likes

Yup… the leveraged the existing DB and other components so I doubt people will ever see an isolated fully functional game. It isn’t worth the development time plus why would anyone want to run the secondary services since the Worlds already eat up enough resources.

1 Like

I still recommend it. I do give a disclaimer to jump in with some of the guilds tho

1 Like

Boundless has one of the best communities in any MMO I’ve ever played. Yes, it’s super lacking in content but something tells me the player base wouldnt be so friendly if they were busy grinding through loads of content. There are definitely pros and cons, I had a good time playing for the the 4 months I’d dedicated my life to it pretty much. I’m a trophy hunter at heart tho, so I have to mention one true negative point: this is the only game I’ve ever come across that doesnt even have enough content to support the trophies. Try to explore 40 different types of worlds or whatever.

Hey bro I kinda disagree the game has improved from day one and in it’s current state the game is playable and no dev is needed for that, so not recommending boundless due to lack of sight from the developers is not really a good point for me

4 Likes

How many people here play games where you don’t hear from devs at all?

Show of hands lol

This is an rhetorical question

Dev communication is not necessary and doesn’t mean a game is not still being developed. (Obviously devs are still working hard to make sure they game is still functioning, support topics get responded to frequently)

I recommend the game to people still.

Also hi @DutchOfSorissi :joy:

7 Likes

I had never seen a dev write anything ever in my first 28 years of life, aside from descriptions of newly released updates. Didn’t know that was something people wanted out of a game.

7 Likes

I didn’t even know devs on forums was a thing honestly.

It was a gift they gave our community…not a privilege.

10 Likes

Someone Said,
Sounds Like The End Can Always Be The Beginning of Something

The game is still good. But it’s hard to imagine James will keep the servers on forever once they’ve stopped actively developing the game. Which makes it hard to recommend - not because the game is bad, but because of the uncertainty about dev commitment long term.

I don’t know why they don’t try lowering the price to $10 or $15 if they’re not focusing on boundless anyway - who knows, maybe it would turn into a runaway hit.

1 Like

Yup this was my first game ever where you could interact with a dev.
Most of the time it’s just forum mods that doesn’t actually know a thing about internal stuff.

Most games have communication that goes:

“Here is game, enjoy”

Few months later

“Here is dlc enjoy”

A couple years later

“Secuel is in the works”

And then you don’t know anything about it until it either comes out, its cancelled or goes back to development from 0 lol.

5 Likes

Yep that exactly how it was always for any game I played :joy:

4 Likes

No it’s not, but when something used to be happen and suddenly its no longer happening, that will cause people to think something might be wrong.

Futhermore in most other games that I have played that also haves a forum, There are people from the company who do interact with the general public even if it isn’t a “Dev”, And in all honestly the “Dev” shouldn’t be interacting with the public, they should be busy working on the game, but in the case of Boundless they have not hired anyone else to be the Community manager and be the face of the game to deal with PR related stuff. Which is unfortunate.

I don’t care who it is who interacts with the community, I only care about rather or not it is happening at all by someone who works at the company.

3 Likes

Honestly I’d almost they just hire a boundless player for free and just give them some info to tell us

1 Like