Art:First look at The Lance

Oh, missed that line.
Well then I´m really curious about the attacking animation.

1 Like

If it’s a sort spear, it could be used (with a shield, if not is just a loose on distance) over the shoulder, usually aiming for the head, or holes in the oponent defense

Just that, i do medieval martial arts, kendo, Iado, softcombat, and a lot of other things XD so i know about the weapon uses XD

1 Like

Positioning and such is more like usage of a Spear than a Lance.

A lance would be held lower and with both hands.

As such I would expect a lance to be coming from the lower edge of the screen pointing to the middle and angled from one side.

More akin to the mark added in attached.

5 Likes

and in the picture its look like he will throw it

1 Like

After a quick search, nothing has been said by the devs (so it seems anyho) about the lance since this post - can we get a dev response: is the lance coming or not?

I am really disappointed in the lack of weapon options, two is really quite paltry, and no melee? What kind of game has no melee… we need the lance. My tank archetype needs this badly, and I can’t imagine its that hard to implement?

2 Likes

Last thing I remember was this:

The lance mastery on testing is removed with the new skill system.

2 Likes

It is improbable that the Lance will make it to 1.0

and then there was this big party… :wink:

2 Likes

This realization has me a bit sad. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here. But looks like we won’t be getting it soon

4 Likes

considering there is only the one model/texture ^

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a spoiler on when they plan to add this in. Would love to have a melee weapon, and maybe a shield to fight up close.

5 Likes

That is not a throw position. That’s the end of a heavy thrust motion.

1 Like

I thought I remembered it was finally canceled due to issues mapping it in combat, and where they wanted to go in the skill progressions. That it didn’t fit anymore. I totally could be wrong. Either we need a dev to confirm it.

I don’t believe the lance is canceled, just moved to a post 1.0 combat update.

2 Likes

I sure hope they DO implement it! I am more of a melee combat person myself, so the current options of the hand-shooting and crossbow weapons (I suppose bombs also), are not really my type. Apologies for not knowing the actual names, I am new to the game for a couple of days now.

2 Likes

What a necro post. Holy ■■■■ I started self-hype and then noticed.

4 Likes

i like the mini map to =)

3 Likes

Don’t know about necro post… 3 months for a game like this I would say is legitimate that the feature might still be something in the works :stuck_out_tongue: