Art: Fish concept and Cuttletrunk

I could imagine this are biom-specific colors (there is obviously only 1 kind of them) of the Cuttletrunk (eg. blueish in ice-worlds and green in the forest). Therefore i don’t think we really need to vote on this point.

yeahaa … hope so too :wink:

1 Like

I think this is a hint for the opposite:
You won´t see a healthbar and creatures will change their appearance once their health drops beneath a certain value.
(And the drawn healthbar is just to show what is meant (low life appearance vs. full health appearance))

1 Like

Going to have to disagree with you here @Vastar.

The creature isn’t changing appearance. It’s basically plugging into the plant to recharge. The health bar shows that regeneration in terms of HP gains is happening.

1 Like

i hope not… how should i know, if i make damage or not on a creature.

Well right now there’s a noise when you hit, isn’t there? Not saying it’s the best solution and I agree that healthbars would be nice. Just saying that currently this is how you know.

@Clexarews
I think the health bar is just there so we know whats going on in the picture and wont actually be in the game. Future (or a dev) will tell.

@Saint_X
This would be my favourite alternative to health bars :wink:

I like your solution. It’s nice and simple, displays relevant information, and doesn’t take too much out of the game.

to less informations, I prefer a slightly more accurate indicator

1 Like

To me, seeing it turn red means it’s having a last stand. Personally, having it change color/a change in posture is a perfect and more immersive solution to knowing whether the creature is low on health.

You can probably imagine it turning purple if it’s half health too.

@claudiotolomei

Do I sense some inspiration from G-Darius on #5 :smiley: ?

4 Likes

Always good to see some more concepts from ya, @claudiotolomei! I like the fish #3, since it’s like a morphing school of them. #7 also looks pretty cool, sorta like an expandable whale?

The cuttletrunk is awesome, also! I have no idea what it is, but it looks REALLY COOL.

Anyway, thanks for more art, I’ve added these to the collection :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’d like a #9, a #5, and a pile of #1’s

and thats the prettiest cuttletrunk I’ve ever seen :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank god I can’t tell when I’m gonna kill things

1 Like

AWESOME. I love ur concept arts every time and yes the water does need a bit more life to it. The Cuttletrunk seems so cool and I hope it pans out alright

1 Like

That’s what I hope too.
I mean they could always add a wearable which alows you to see more accurate stats of the creature you’re fighting.

they are all very awsome

1 Like

The Cuttletrunk looks cool, and I really like fish #1.

all i can get out is god dayng

A little glimpse of things to come…

(And don’t worry, they’ll look far more interesting/alive once Jim and Gerry have had a chance to animate them properly.)

17 Likes

Loving the models so much @jesshyland
Also loving the new blocks behind :wink:

5 Likes

Loving the new wood texture on the floors too!

3 Likes