Art: Fish concept and Cuttletrunk

Hi guys,
I’m going to share with you new creature concepts I’m working on at the moment.
The first shows a series of fish creatures. You can see different shapes and idea. Some are going to be big and some other tiny but annoying :smiley:
The second is a new creature the team is working on at the moment. The code name is Cuttletrunk and is a flying creature that live in specific biomes. The idea is to live in symbiosis with some sort of plant that he is using as nest and regeneration source. That is still a work in progress and the gameplay may change according to our design implementation.
Jess will start the modelling soon and Gerry is going to animate it. So, get ready to see some new update very soon!

As always, pick your favourite :wink:

Fish

Cuttletrunk

25 Likes

7 looks awesome.

For real? :smiley: if there would be a voting would be super hard to decide… think 5, 9 and 10 are awesome. But the rest looks cool too…

1 Like

Fantastic! I like the concept behind number 9 in that it looks like it propels itself away by spinning.

Faves so far are 9, 10 and 7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

For fish i like 4 and 9.

For the cuttletrunk i loveeee the trasnparent last one. Imagine at night when you are moving around and you just see those flying around in the air. chilling. It would look stunningly beautiful

Something like this just moving

5 Likes

I say number 5 all the way, I really like the idea of fish as swarms but making the fish into a mini mother ship is just better :smiley:

I personally feel that the 3 first cuttlertrunks seems most fitting for the kinds of worlds we have right now while the fourth could be corrupted or in a less meadows and forest like world and the last as amazing as it looks just seems a bit too detailed I like the more clear corners and sides better

1 Like

Love this idea. Keep going with this :wink:

2 Likes

Fish

0 voters

1 Like

ok i must start a new post, cant edit old post after 5 minuts to add the second poll :confused:

Cuttletrunk
colours from left to the right side (i hope i used the correct ^^)

• red
  • green
  • blue
  • black
  • yellow

0 voters

i love the blue version, but black looks nice too

healthbar is coming soon ? ^^ i hope it XD

2 Likes

I could imagine this are biom-specific colors (there is obviously only 1 kind of them) of the Cuttletrunk (eg. blueish in ice-worlds and green in the forest). Therefore i don’t think we really need to vote on this point.

yeahaa … hope so too :wink:

1 Like

I think this is a hint for the opposite:
You won´t see a healthbar and creatures will change their appearance once their health drops beneath a certain value.
(And the drawn healthbar is just to show what is meant (low life appearance vs. full health appearance))

1 Like

Going to have to disagree with you here @Vastar.

The creature isn’t changing appearance. It’s basically plugging into the plant to recharge. The health bar shows that regeneration in terms of HP gains is happening.

1 Like

i hope not… how should i know, if i make damage or not on a creature.

Well right now there’s a noise when you hit, isn’t there? Not saying it’s the best solution and I agree that healthbars would be nice. Just saying that currently this is how you know.

@Clexarews
I think the health bar is just there so we know whats going on in the picture and wont actually be in the game. Future (or a dev) will tell.

@Saint_X
This would be my favourite alternative to health bars :wink:

I like your solution. It’s nice and simple, displays relevant information, and doesn’t take too much out of the game.

to less informations, I prefer a slightly more accurate indicator

1 Like

To me, seeing it turn red means it’s having a last stand. Personally, having it change color/a change in posture is a perfect and more immersive solution to knowing whether the creature is low on health.

You can probably imagine it turning purple if it’s half health too.

@claudiotolomei

Do I sense some inspiration from G-Darius on #5 :smiley: ?

4 Likes

Always good to see some more concepts from ya, @claudiotolomei! I like the fish #3, since it’s like a morphing school of them. #7 also looks pretty cool, sorta like an expandable whale?

The cuttletrunk is awesome, also! I have no idea what it is, but it looks REALLY COOL.

Anyway, thanks for more art, I’ve added these to the collection :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’d like a #9, a #5, and a pile of #1’s

and thats the prettiest cuttletrunk I’ve ever seen :smiley:

2 Likes