Art: Grappling Hook new look concept

Still think the hand looks silly :confused:

@Predatoxic i think it looks badass

@Minyi How hard would it be for the fingers to make sense when placed, like if you hit a flat surface the hand will land flatly, but if you hit an edge or something the fingers will grap around the edge? Would also be a really cool way to make an explanation on how you could get over ledges with a hook

2 Likes

It should be! :frowning:

I looked at the picture again and it looks like the hand itself wont act as the hook.

@Minyi would it be possible to shoot the actual hand instead of a spider man silk? i think that would look way more beast

something like

@ben is the dude to bug

2 Likes

My Spiderman dreams can all come true now.

1 Like

Right? I like the spider silk concept even more. Definitely an original approach.

2 Likes

hehehe, seems this isn’t quite holding true :wink:

2 Likes

Looking at the new update…

All I can think of is

ROCKET PUNCH!

Not sure I follow what you’re suggesting, but alright.

You liked my comment and then questioned it. Sarcasm can be so confusing on the internet. Was pretty sure I sensed some when you replied to my spiderman comment but now I have no idea haha. :confounded:

1 Like

No, I 100% agree. Sarcasm on the interwebz is confusing. I also 100% agree that the spiderman swinging Web throwing hand is dope af.

Edit: I read somewhere that, on the internet, ending sentences with a full stop may come off as “insincere or sarcastic”. It’s a habit I need to break, by my English teacher would roll in her grave so much we could attach a generator to her for limitless power. But that’s getting off topic, maybe I will throw a link to that article in “off topic” later today.

1 Like

i still found 15/18/21 looks nice

the update / number 4 looks horrible, it looks like such a cheap anime toy. The other I like almost all, but the number 4 would take me away the fun at the grappling hook.

2 Likes

Agreed :confused:
10chars

Hehe, well I was being sarcastic. I think a hand (character’s) holding a hand (item) shooting a string is very weird. And also would need to be renamed since it’s not exactly grappling or a hook.

I’m personally a fan of old 21.

2 Likes

Oh… well then…

1 Like

Definitely the hand ones are my favorites now. would be cooler if the hand launched on the string (not spidrmen style)

@Minyi would it be possible to make a sketch of a handle which has buttons? it seems a bit weird that its a wooden handle, how would you swing the grappling hook? i imagined it would have a button to extend and a button to pull back in.

This is how we were thinking of it at the moment: think of it is like Cyclops’ eyes from X-Men. The gripped hand contains the unstable Oort energy. Unclasping the hand violently releases it as an energy trail (ribbon effect + second ribbon effect that writes to the distortion pass in Portal-esque way from our trailer) then you can swing with open-palmed (Spiderman style). You can two-hand them for more speed, precision and fun :thumbsup:

2 Likes