Art: Ground Basher in game model

yeah! The ground basher would be a dream to go up against!

1 Like

Love seeing these old posts… this would be awesome in game right now

1 Like

Imagine running into a ground basher on a gathering spec. I wonder how much air I will get when I die? I’m betting I could beat @Orrian’s jump distance from.this weekend’s event.

5 Likes

:sob:

January 2016… What happened?

3 Likes

I got lucky on that jump. Lol

1 Like

In a way, I wish we’d stop necroing old posts that actually show the models in game ya know? Or that they wouldn’t show us in-game models of things. Like the hunter, lance,
or shields. Becausee if they are that close, why aren’t they in yet? That first couple of pics was almost 5 years ago now. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE seeing this stuff, but I don’t know, kinda just bums me out.

Sort of like how there already was decorative umbris, decorative oortstone, and mosaic in the trailer for the game. Years later we get, “NEW BLOCKS!” Except, they aren’t new. They’re old. And already been used before.

Does this rambling even make sense? I couldn’t sleep last night so this might just sound like nonsense. Haha! (Sigh)

3 Likes

because its one thing to have a model… with no textures… a basic body shape and to have a working model in game, rigged, with animations, textures, game logic and anything else that has to be added on top of just adding a new model to the game.

artists dont code, coders dont art… you can have a pipeline that has 200 models waiting to be put in game with everything that is needed, you still have to code that…

2 Likes

That makes sense!

1 Like

I do agree somewhat on the necroing where players start asking where something is that was posted in 2015. The game was very different then and maybe what was planned then does not fit where the game is going now. Maybe the basher does not fit the way the game is played and will never be released. Now in the case of the shields those were recently posted, so I would think those do fit into the plans for the game and will be released at some point. Now if we are willing to give up on getting developer art prior to items being included in a test build, we could maybe eliminate some of the frustration over when new things will be added.

1 Like

I kinda have a different take on this. It appears the game development has changed directional priorities many many times. It would be easy for concepts like this to get pushed further back on the list. Perhaps the more attention we give these “necro” posts help give it the attention it needs to get it back on the list.

1 Like

6 Likes

That summarizes every post on this forum!! :rofl:

5 Likes