Art: Livestock variations

Hello again,
here some variation in colour tinting and shapes for our livestock creature.
On top of that we are developing a system for generate decals (stripes, dots, patterns) to add on top of the main colour for give an extra level of details and customization.
Those variations are going to be world/biome dependant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

21 Likes

So is it going to be randomly generated with a color and a pattern?

looks epic :smiley:

1 Like

Love it! Good job as always!

1 Like

Exactly. Procedural generated according to the specific biome.

3 Likes

I like the slight changes in horn shape :slight_smile: All looks great!

1 Like

Black ones look sick :open_mouth:

1 Like

@ben mentioned tinting depending on the materials used, are the creatures going to matter for this? like will you white hide from a white ram and black hide from a black ram, or would they all just drop ‘‘hide’’?

Will the different colors have an effect on drops,
Black:Wool
White:Bone
Orange:Food
etc…

Not likely, I think the colors will more imply that they are native to the environment they spawn in. A black sheep and a white sheep are both made of the same stuff, right?

2 Likes

Well I ask,because some horns are longer than others,so would that mean they give more or less Gozink product?
I made the name.

3 Likes

I think that it would be neat if their coats generated in respect to what biome it originates. Similar to real animals in nature. Ex. many tundra animals have pale coats to blend with the snow.

2 Likes

This is the plan :wink:

7 Likes

Sounds like another dimension for collection-minded players to potentially go nuts! Travel to all the worlds, tame wild beasts, bring them back to your world of choice. Get a beast of every color. (also, make a zoo)

4 Likes

omg that’s from neopets. Played that ages ago.

Livestock implies farmed animals.

1 Like

Thanks sherlock :blush:

1 Like

They called them herbivores before, so im not sure if it implies that breeding and having livestock will be a thing or if it is just a sort of ‘‘code name’’ so to say to imply what they are.

1 Like

So lets say I really love me some bright pink livestock animals- would there be a way to change their color or bring animals home from a different biome/world?

1 Like