Art: New creature concept and rig page

Hi guys,
i’m going to share with you some concepts I’ve done for a new creature.
That cute little fellah is a very timid animal that tend to run away as soon as he sense danger. Is a very hard creature to catch because is got an incremental speed that allow him to leave you behind eating dusts :dash:
You can also have a look at a page dedicated to the next rig we are going to use for a large amount of creatures. Is an adjustable rig for a quadruped, winged creature (dragoid). We are going to use it for all sort of creature from birds to heavy quadruped.
As always stay tuned because we are testing stuff in game and get them ready for future releases. :smile:

Original sketches

Evolution page

Rig system

24 Likes

First thought

2 Likes

That is why his code name is “roadrunner” :smile:

2 Likes

BTW is ‘‘Dragoid’’ going to be the dragon enemy race? like humanoid, beast, etc…

Is more refer to creatures that have similarity with dragons as anatomical structure. Four legs, tail, wings.
We didn’t explore creature concepts with that structure yet. But off course they are going to be in line with Boundless lore.

1 Like

was about to question why you guys flat ironed road runner, but you beat me to it :rage:.

I’m really interested in how you guys are going to plan on making a variety of creatures out of one base. That rig system reminds me a lot of how I used to play with the limbs in spore :D.

1 Like

FINALLY. SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE DIFFERENCE OF A DRAGON AND A WYVERN!!

3 Likes

It also annoys me in every game/movie :stuck_out_tongue: half of the “dragons” in how to train your dragon are wyverns.
Glad monster hunter taught me the difference :smiley:

2 Likes

Like The Hobbit -.-’

So,the first creature is going to be hard to catch?,and if so I think a little reward for kill it would be nice.
•Special meat (giving players full health)
•A 5-8 min speed boost
•etc…

What is the purpose of the roadrunner?

Also, are the rigs being designed in such a way that a player could ride them?

4 Likes

I love it! Good work.

1 Like

I think it’s just a creature concept right now,but I think that my idea would help the creature have a specific reason to be alive,like the shooter thing.(explosive essence)

Next the grappling hook will be used to catch these fast beasties :smiley:

1 Like

Or use them for transportation. Slap a parachute on, grapple to them, and now you’re dragoidsailing

2 Likes

3 Likes

Jenn, you crack me up :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if this is any good… But I was looking back at the “charger” creature type concept from a while back and thought I could come up with one.

It is a charging enemy with large protective plates that are part of the skeletal system covering its head and body.
The creature attacks by building up as much forward force as possible and slamming it into its enemy. It can not easily stop itself and requires a great deal of energy to slow down.
It is completely passive unless provoked and its diet consists of plants.
They travel in small herds of 4-5 and communicate by humming through their skulls/head plates.

7 Likes

I would like to see a bowling ball creature, it will run towards you,jump a bit into the air, and completely form itself into a massive rolling boulder using plates on its arms, shoulders, stomach, back and shins, kinda looking like the creature above.

1 Like

Hiya Zouls, funny you should say that! One of the next animated creatures from the creation lab indeed is ‘ball like’ and jumps and rolls! :smiley: …the rest is still getting crafted and we have a few more surprises in store. Stay tuned as they say. :wink:

3 Likes