Art: New Creatures concept exploration (Flyer, Hunter)

Hi guys,
i’m currently working on some concepts for Flying and Hunter creatures. We decided to explore them as “family” type that could help us to generate our final candidate concept for be able to model the game asset.
As always the creatures are numbered for pick your favourite. Here is what the text mean:
AGRS = Aggressive Predator SLUM = Slumbering Giant, Ancient MAJ= Majestic, NAST = Nasty vicious, ETH/DARK/TWIST = Ethereal , Dark , Tweisted.

See you soon with the next update! :smile:

Hunter

Flyer

18 Likes

If I could have all of them then I would but sadly I have to choose. 9 definitely from the hunters reminds me of the acklay from star wars and no 3 from the flyers, if pets is ever implemented into the game at some stage definitely grabbing me him

2 Likes

We’re being truly spoilt today! I love it!

They’re all too good - I’m having trouble choosing between them! It’s hard as they’re all very different and have different temperaments and potential abilities/ tactics etc.

Ok gonna try…
For the hunter, I like 3, 4, 5, 7 & 11 (but can’t pick a preferred order!)
For the flyer, I like 3, 5, 6, 10 & 12 (again, not in that order)

Can’t we just have them all? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All of them! I want them now!!

1 Like

This time you made it truly impossible to choose a favorite.
I really like the mushrooms on the back of hunter Nr. 6 and the smoke-like fading of hunter Nr. 7.
4 seems like a really cool herbivore creature and not like a hunter though.

1 Like

My thoughts on the creatues.

Hunters
3. Looks as though it has adapted to lava, very dangerous.
7. Enjoys dark places, tunnels. Nice look.
9. Desert creature, very nice.
11/12. Look as though they would travel in packs to survive, annoying buggers.

Flyer

1. Unique, looks as though it would enjoy living in the ground.
  2. Looks nice.
    5/10. Water. 10 is also intriguing through how it would attack, ramming?
    9/12. Quite interested.

I would also implore you to create a set of creatures that live of the land, herbivores if you will. It seems most, if not all creatures, look adapted and ready to kill for their food. Great job.

1 Like

Hunter:
3/7: Would be awesome to see as a sort of “whisp” form playstyle where they spawn, attack and then disappear to attack you a little after again. really frustrating and terrifying as hell
5: a beast undead wolf, so much yes
13: i see this as a miniboss or what tera would refer to as BAM’s (Big ass monsters)

Flying:
3: just so much yes, it looks so badass.
11: would love to see this as a BAM or a Boss

On a site note. anybody remember when it was called Oort and was pink? back when we had mohawk pig? back before every concept art looked like a freaking demon dog on steroids I love them, but it seems that the artstyle is turning a lot darker than i could ever imagine xD

4 Likes

I love that turn too^^

2 Likes

All of these are incredible :heart:

1 Like

Hunters: 1.3.5.9.13
Flyer: 3,4,6,9,10,11,12

1 Like

i want all of them why cant we have all :pensive::cold_sweat:

2 Likes

You know what lets just take all of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“but it seems that the artstyle is turning a lot darker than i could ever imagine xD”
Is nice to you mention that Zouls because in those particular two pages i explored Nastiness, Darkness, Aggressiveness and Ethereal elements. Future family type of creature are going to have Cute/Creepy and Passive elements to them.

2 Likes

Yeah about that, Is it just as a way for you as an artist to go a distinct direction or are you guys planning a sort of “Rock, Paper, Scissor” system like for example pokemon or WoW’s pet battle system?

Example

I love the idea of variety from Demon Dogs to Cute Cuddly Cats (wanted to keep the letter scheme)

1 Like

Definitely like the direction you are exploring into.

3 Likes

Pure nightmare fuel. The nasties and ethereal are my personal favorite families, but I can’t pick between them!

2 Likes

Hunters: 1,2,5,9 (Favorite is 2)

Flyers:1,3,6,11,12 (Favorite is 6)

1 Like

Hunters: 2,3,4,6

Flyers:9,11

1 Like

For the Hunter, I really love 9 - it looks like a super creepy Insect!

And for the Flyer I love 6 - It looks like a really lethal jellyfish!

3 Likes

Yes please
All of those

1 Like