Art: New Creatures (Exploding Hopper and Ground Basher)

A post was split to a new topic: Ideas for creature spawning rules

That’s true, but worker bees only tend the nascent bee-lings. They don’t create 'em. Still not a great evolutionary advantage unless they explode when carrying fertilized eggs.

I think @Nevir was on to something there. It’s the stuff of nightmares. :grinning:

1 Like

We are going to be killed by alot of these guys in dungeons arent we? :frowning_woman:

1 Like

I think many of these will be basic wild beasts.

That only works for bees because there are THOUSANDS of them in a hive

We dont know how those creatures live, maybe they also live in swarms.

That sounds …fun

I see them as being born out of the ground,in a hot lava like world.

1 Like

Maybe they don’t completely explode? But have to charge up again at a lava pool or something like that.
It would also be a mystery how they survive until the point where a player meets them, if they’d explode into everybodys face xD Maybe the exploding part forms as they get older and the younger ones can’t explode yet. (Or they don’t die if they do.)

1 Like

Like @drthmik suggested?

1 Like

Oh I think I missread that the first time^^ Yea just like that.

1 Like

How come the ground basher evolves from a goat to a gorilla?

Underneath the image it says “Rig/Mesh evolution”. I think they were just using both the goat and gorilla as reference to create the form of the ground basher.

2 Likes

Love the concepts. A couple of questions, are they variaties from the hooper one only one will make into the game? How does that evolution works? You can see they evolving in front of you or you just found them in game and assume they are an evolved form of another animal?

1 Like

At the moment we’re looking at altering different degrees of the variety according to the environment and how dangerous particular worlds will be. For now we’re still working on the core game play and the early stages of getting the initial creatures out there to play with. :smile:
You can be sure we’re keep our eyes on these boards for great ideas and suggestions - the more the better!

4 Likes

*Wonders if Titans can be corrupted *

2 Likes

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental<<

6 Likes

And thus Oortian Tetherball was invented?

3 Likes

It would be a strategy to catch this creature :)))

3 posts were split to a new topic: Art: Ground Basher in game model