Art: Plinth and Container Props

Thing is, “wall sized” is hard to define. My wall is likely much smaller than your wall. Thus stacking the 1x1x1 block and opening the UI for surrounding blocks…

Edit: didn’t understand he meant 1x1x0.5, thought he meant something like 10x10x1

1 Like

Hmmm that’s an interesting idea. Something to consider.

4 Likes

Is that a planned feature or can you actually make a screenshot of it, how it will look?

Sweet!! Red for selling (see items placed there for sale) Blue for buying (player places money in correct amount to purchase things?) Is that how it would work?

Love the chest/shelves too!! How large will stacks be? 99 of an an item? I REALLY can’t wait for these in game!

Great Job @jesshyland!

3 Likes

This begs the question of what currency will be used to interact with these plinths. (I’m not familiar with the word “plinth”… I think I will refer to them as a pedestal.)
Is currency also being developed alongside shops and trade? How will it be acquired, stored, and spent? I know that’s probably not a question you can answer for me jes, but maybe @james?

4 Likes

love the design of plinths too and can imagine a big library inside your chest :wink:
For people who don’t like everyone see their goods you could aditionally design lockable doors for them :smiley: :smiley:

But the argument: requesting something you never saw is a hard thing…
Dev’s didn’t really come back to it or did I overread?
I think you should just be able to request things you already saw on other shops (as buyable or request), had in your own inventory already or is requested by a formula / blueprint / quest.
Else it’s really kind of killing the exploring fun what sandbox games are all about, right?

1 Like

Im ready for my giant wall of items now

1 Like

I like that you can stack and make a wall to increase the variety of slots available, but can I add stacks behind to increase volume? Rather than a 3x3 wall, can I have a 3x3x3 vault?

3 Likes

then add doors to the front of each and you got yourself a nice item closet :smiley:

4 Likes

Along the lines of physical representation of stored items, will there be a way to store physical representations of wealth? I’m imagining open topped chests spilling over with coins, gems and jewelry that slowly fills and over fills as more and more money is stored in it. This would be an exciting way for Guilds or wealthy players to display their physical wealth that is not in the form of items.

4 Likes

Love that. Please make doors work on those cubbies!

4 Likes

Put a door or hatch on a cubbie inside your beacon, then turn off door access for that region. Sounds doable with just the planned feature list.

1 Like

That would be the creative way to do it :wink:
But the game is in developement, maybe we get optional doors for some things. :smile:

I by the way like the Idea of representing wealth or success. I hope that you can earn on your travels and for certain quests things like statues or pictures from a special place too. We can put it as decorations in our houses or guild quarters, and everyone knows about the success. :slight_smile: I like that way even better, then looking at someones tiers to see their progress…

I think Plinth and Pedestal are pretty interchangeable.

Yes - there will be a currency system.

These Plinths / Pedestals are for creating shops - where you (the shop) can sell items (you’ve collected) and players can deposit items (they’ve collected) all for currency.

The main point here is that you’ll not be present whilst the transactions take place.

Trading player to player uses a different system - via the GUI. An initial version of the p2p trading GUI will be released with the ever coming Beacon release. (It’s needed to allow players to give beacon owners a “me” token so that it can be added to the beacon granting collaborative privileges.

Obviously, the trading system can be used for any item in your inventory - so no more throwing items on the ground.

4 Likes

Something like this?

3 Likes

That sounds excellent and makes a lot more sense than the misinterpretation of requesting items we all had…

How will that work? Does the deposited item go to the person that owns the Plinth/Pedestal (and remove funds from them), and if so how will they govern what they are willing to pay for and for what price/quantity?

I do love the idea of shops … so much so that I started a fresh build for that very purpose as soon as I saw what @jesshyland was working on!

2 Likes

Yes … yes … exactly like that (the beer one at least!)

And how do you prevent griefing, forexample if i had 10 plinths as an iron smith cause i wanted to people to sell me materials they wanted to get rid off, what is to prevent herpderp to go and put dirt in all of them basically blocking everything everybody else. also how can i remove it again, does he has to pick it up meaning that they can force all the buying plinths to be useless?

The “Buying Plinths” only buy the item the shop owner has placed on the plinth.

(It’s not shown in the images, but the plinths will have the item for sale or to buy sitting on top.)

So a customer can’t sell dirt if the shop isn’t buying dirt.

3 Likes

Does that mean you can’t buy something you don’t already own?

1 Like