Art: Plinth and Container Props

Yeah this was something i noticed too, nothing to stop people from doing it indefinitely, which doesnt matter for normal blocks but for rares it would.

i quite enjoy the idea of journals however. but that is slightly offtopic now.

There will always be people that do things the most efficient way and in the process kind of abusing game features.
I still think it would benefit the game.

@Zouls
yea but you can search “phone” only on the internet and only if you know that a thing named “phone” exists.
This argument can’t get anymore specific :stuck_out_tongue: even in a universe of 1m^3 blocks.

You could always just put a sign on the plinth that describes the item you want^^

I don’t think writing the location of rare blocks down in a book would work at all… You’d just go and stick a beacon on top of that location surely?!

I meant more the planet and maybe the biome rather than the exact place of one vein^^ And even if so you could have a shop there^^

1 Like

which is again when it comes back to knowing that it exists doesnt mean you have to have seen it. however you cant make anything where you only need to write a word cause that leads to copypaste, i think that vas is right and that this is not a good way to go about needing items, if anything i would rather have the ‘‘i need to own an item to buy it’’ than them use time on this system which seems… pointless. not the journal, but the need to code and entire system which allows you to remember blocks and use them in 1 specific process.

1 Like

Fair enough :wink:

2 Likes

Neither would you with my system^^

But yes it might be something with very low priority. Still I’d like to see something like it in the future.

I love it so much it looks great,I’m very excited.
You’ve done a wonderful job,keep it up!!!
:+1:t5:

1 Like

Mannequins are in our props list :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 Likes

But, ääähm, don’t call me a oldschooler now, I would like to have ALSO closed containers like chests or fancy “magically opening puzzle boxes” like we have seen them before a loooognw while ago. I dont WANT to see all my sh…stuff in all containers. Sometimes I just want to have a chest to put stuff in to forget it for a while. Will we get closed containers too? (falling onto his knees :bow: :pray: “pleeeaaaaaaase” )

4 Likes

Plinths are for shops - allowing transactions when you’re not present.

Trading between players - has a different interface.

6 Likes

Huge fan of this. We get to see all the items a shop sells just by walking around the store (rather than being hidden away behind some UI). It’ll encourage some really cool shop builds

While I love the plinths I don’t like the containers at all TBH :confused: They are kinda underwhelming and boring imo. They would look better if they were as big as a wall in my opinion

this is as intresting as all other dev logs

It sounds like you can combine them to make a wall out of them, and they’ll act like one big container

2 Likes

No I mean if they would be the same size as a wall block

4 Likes

Will there be different varieties of these plinths in the future? I would love to make a wooden market stall one day :smile:.

2 Likes

These are beautiful :sob:

So they would look more a book case than a container? I think that would look pretty good in certain building scenarios, and the full block would also be good for others (such as standard cupboards etc) … Now I want both options!

Maybe a wall sized one could hold less stacks of items?