Art: Race 01 concept (female)

Bone and skull shaping is cool, will there be any varients with horns, tusks or any sort of bone protrusions? I’m thinking like Darth Maul’s horns or similar. Also, some of these head crests remind me of a triceratops. Any chance the skull shapes were influenced by fossils?

2 Likes

Yeah, horns and tusks would be epic, i wasnt sure if that counted though as skull shaping so i didnt say it :confused:

I’m not sure either, that may be a sweet feature for a different race though.

I personally always loved draenei cause they had badass horns but still a human face and normal hairstyles

http://newimages.mobi/wp-content/uploads/draenei-world-of-warcraft-images-7.jpg

hope to see something like that in the game, but that is a bit off topic i guess.

2 Likes

At the moment my intention was to stay far from the usual hairstyle selections.
I’m exploring possibility in appendages that are part of the character skull as membrane/horns but still try to maintain a femininity to it and at the same time girlpower strength.
This was a quick first pass but we can explore other solution later on in game. You will be able to play with the basic character appearance or pick the appendages that fits you :smile: She is still charming and fears! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yeah i really like the character no doubt, i think it is clear that is i female and it also gives a very feline vibe to it, huge respect for actually making male and female different, some games like skysaga or trove make them almost the same which really bothers me.

Also i noticed that they seem kinda mature, like adults the races, but the old concept art the races looks alot younger or childish rather, i like the switch in direction.

1 Like

They are aliens, the oortians, from another planet, they must be a new kind of race with no humans traces…
Please Devs allow 3rd person view when they are released, i want sooooo much to play this game all day.
I will buy it when my dream comes true.

2 Likes

There is already third person view mate, have been there for a loooong time, however it might not stay at launch, i think they are going to pick either first or thirdperson, not both, it have been discussed quite a bit.

also these are not the oortians, the oortians are the ancient race which was the first of the first, they are extinct.

Maybe extinct… or maybe not… :scream:

2 Likes

Yay. more lore. i vote for the titans to be oortians who went mad with power and transformed themself in an attempt to become eternal, and when you kill a titan it transforms back into an oortian which tells a bit of lore and then dies. PLOT TWIST!

No alien must be something different from humans and even less something without any human traces.

Not enitrely true

Alien:

1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
  2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
  3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
  4. A creature from outer space: science fiction about an invasion of aliens.
  5. Ecology An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

but to the other dude, i dont think we should have some wobbly thing a creature that is so far from human that it is no longer humanoid, just for the sake of it. but thats a matter of opinion.

Still holds true for the first 4 points, because there’s no way a plant could completely emulate a human, and that no alien must have no human traces holds true for all points.

The Oort universe doesn’t play by the same rules as ours :wink:

3 Likes

an example of such a rule?

Newton’s law of universal gravitation ? (floating blocks) :smile:

1 Like

If that didnt apply that would not just means that blocks float, but it would also mean that we have nothing to anchor us to the planet meaning that we would float to space too, no?

The worlds are made out of 1x1 blocks.

7 Likes

…good point.

2 Likes

Newton’s law of universal gravitation.
Meaning that it applies to any matter.