Art: Tools Progression Concept

Too much my friend, too much^^

I’m pretty sure adamantium is copyrighted.

1 Like

Withdrew my other posts as a review of the thread revealed I’d somehow missed the excellent post from @Thorbjorn42gbf

and the reply from @Smoothy

It would also be possible the machine would upgrade the materials as well as add the ornaments for upgrading…
iron, steel, molybdenum-steel alloy, palladium-steel. Since it is with refined forging techniques that one improves upon cast iron. But the basic model as laid out by Smoothy is sound and simple.

I just really cringe at the notion that exotic minerals/elements make better tool heads. ruby? (shatter), sapphires (crack), obsidian (is the same basic element as amethyst and quartz. harder than diamond?)…

Anyway. Love the machine idea.

1 Like

Want to tell us about what we are looking at here?

2 Likes

Ouch, that hurt me… Gold is a higher ranking material… Also look at the characters. Are they realistic? is this not a cartoonish game?

Can saphire be called bulosphonium
bulosphonium
Boo-low-sff-own-e-um
I made that up but it sounds cool

I have an idea for how this works, Wood takes the total number of tools to break its blocks, then with each upgrade its 1 hit less, and for the special it could be reskins that can be upgraded, unless of course you guys had it pre-planned out

Why should it?

Well, 1 gold looks nicer, 2 its kinda the same in several games, namely terraria

I hate to break it to you but those are neither arguments for nor against it^^

But making it more intuitive for the majority by breaking with the “rules” is an argument for example against it.

If you dislike golden tools, send some feedback or something, I was just trying to help

I already did.
I’m only saying that while everyone can have his/her opinion, stating personal preferences as facts or saying we should do X because this big game did X the same way (without telling the reason why they did it so we can evaluate if it’s the same case for us) doesn’t help at all.

Discussion doesn’t happen when you just throw your opinion into the room and walk away, hoping nobody’s going to talk to you about it.

1 Like

Hi, @Meowmere, I sent you a personal message to your inbox. I hope you find this information useful in the future! Welcome to the community.

4 Likes

I like the idea of different appearances (as of right now I can hardly tell the difference between my wood and stone hammer:eyeglasses:), but I don’t think that these are rated in strength order. If anybody could tell me how to mine gems, fossils, and/or ancient technology in game it would be much appreciated. Thanks!:grinning:

I think the wood and stone hammers are currently using the same model/texture. New props for these will be released at a later date (once progression has been finalised - if I were to hazard a guess!).

As mentioned in your other thread, ores & gems are not currently mineable. They should drop the relevant materials when the next patch is released though (along with giving us the first release of machine crafting).