Ashen Grey Ice Spot - Lutrion

While gathering a huge area of ice colors for my own collection I noticed a pretty big spot of Ashen Grey so set up a rough regen spot with @wakeNbake in mind… though I like the color as well so already pre-farmed some for myself.

Spot has a good amount grouped together (12 I think)… and as with the Black Ice Farm, bring your regen bombs and gleam pops.

I set up a portal for now via Exo Explorers

The spot is in the middle of a large lake so plenty of room to do some additional rainbow ice making if you have the urge.

6 Likes

Does this work if you go straight down? I mean
Break blocks - water below you gets “popped” break blocks? Are those too gonna be same color . Anyone tried that?

How ever the ice colours are mapped across the planet, this map includes altitude as well, so likely that “blob” of ashen grey will spread down and even up if you were to place water and freeze it.

Thanks @Soju! A friend of mine dropped off 22 pieces once he saw my forum message so I am good in terms of the collection, but nice to know there is a regen location saved thankyou!

No problem… I covered 75% of that lake with colored ice to try to get as many colors as possible and only saw that one small patch of ashen grey when all the other colors seemed to be repeated multiple times.

Will have to check my collection to see if I am missing any colors now :smile:

1 Like

Do not come to my lakes with that

1 Like

let me know which you are missing if you could please, based on talking to a few others there seems to be a common bunch that are far rarer than others.

Will let you know what I am missing.

Edit: Definitely some way more common than others. Just from my Lutrion lake clearing I got 100+ of some colors and 1 or 2 singles of others.

Will need to merge this trip with the colors I farmed on Lasaina and see where the gaps are.

1 Like

How does this work? The blocks Regen back to the colored ice? Not the natural water that was originally there?

does anyone have a spot for dark grey yet?

@Gerentt it regens back to water, you have to eat a pop. break, regen, walk on, repeat. but the a place has the same color of ice each time

2 Likes

Okay so you need Regen bombs and the gleampops in order to take advantage of these ice Regen farms. Sounds good

Wondering if anyone has tried to back engineer a color formula based on the coordinates?

Went through my gleampop ice today… pretty good coverage, my list of missing ones is smaller than i thought which is good I guess. Still plenty of gleampops left and want to test out different planets and altitudes.

Only ones I don’t have any of yet are (this is based only off gleampop ice collected so far, haven’t checked planet listings / exos yet):

|6|Dark Berry|
|15|Dark Rose|
|19|Night Fuchsia|
|20|Night Orange|
|22|Shadow Red|
|27|Oxide Rose|
|48|Dark Grey|
|110|Ashen Turquoise|
|117|Rust Violet|
|182|Cool Grey|
|183|Weary Mustard|
|196|Cold Lime|
|230|Ashen Blue|
|231|Rust Blue|
|251|Night Lilac|

1 Like

Ok there seems to be a common theme appearing with the Night, Oxide, Rust, Ashen, Weary colours missing from collections that I know of.

… looks like I had best sort out mine and see what I have and have not, initially I just assumed the blacks and greys were the rarest but it seems there is more to it than just those blocks that are lacking in colour (although the bulk of your colours are very very nearly black, white or a shade of grey). I have a feeling I will be missing many more than I think!!

A friend of mine has filled 5-6 chests (as of 2 days ago) farming gleambow ice and the only 2 colours he is missing is dark berry and weary yellow I think he said\

I’m fairly sure I had a weary yellow spot. Unfortunately due to failing to plot UNDER the water and someone robbing every single gb pop I had I cant be 100%. Feel free to wander round my lakes on arie to have a look.

My portals just outside RTG hub.

Btw, does this ice sell?

1 Like

The distribution is roughly a normal distribution focused around ‘fully saturated’ and around ‘mid luminance’ so i’d expect dark/light greys to be the rarest

4 Likes

I’d buy black ice and dark reds if the price was reasonable

Issue is I don’t actually know what is classified as reasonable lol

1 Like

I only filled 1 and maybe 1/4 of a second ornate chests so far. I did end up with 10 weary yellow though.

Here is my actual count in a google sheet, you can see some colors are FAR more common than others at least for what I have done so far. (the ones with a + just identifies over 100 because of the way i was going through them)

Gleambow Ice Amounts

1 Like

Need to request access…