Astronomical Device(s)

Greetings everyone!
With the coming update, i understood the exos should be easier to spot in the sky. This suggestion doesn’t really have to do with that as much as it has to do with generally adding to the game experience, the role-playing aspect if you wish.

With that of the way, here’s the suggestion. Is there a chance we can have (when the furniture arrives) some sort of an astronomical device that shows the planets (in action preferrably). Idk all the potential devices that may fit the bill but i know orreries. It would make for an awesome addition to one’s observatory in their attic or their office in a palace or something. Plus, it would add to the game’s experience by enabling people indoors to also observe the planets (and if exos enter the solar system). It would, furthermore, better help us imagine the blinksecs distances (we can also refer to it for an estimate) among the planets instead of referring to out-of-game tables and documents. This machine can run on oorts or sparks (sparks preferrably since they’re cheaper). Theres a good potential to add and improve on this idea imo.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: This is what an Orrery looks like if you’re not familiar with the term.

15 Likes

I second this.

1 Like

Love this idea :heart:

People who become masters off this an predict forging outcome :slightly_smiling_face:

The idea of having to master using this rather than use it casually makes it more challenging and appeals to me. I dont know how it could be applied though!

Spotting planets. Maybe at first you’ll be able to see the close planets that you would normally see. As you get higher level/more skilled, you’ll be able to see further and further planets. Final skill level, as you look at a far off planet, itll show blinksecs and top 5 above ground and below ground resources?

I don’t know, just throwing it out there haha

Or you might have to tag the planets we currently have using some special totem augment. Each planet you tag appears in the machine. For exos, maybe you need to use some oort shards every time you want to check for an exo using the machine and you lose those shards. And maybe exos that are close to the current planets we have appear so if you dont tag the planets, exos dont show up. Idk really xD

First of all, I love this idea. Even if it were only in the Sanctum, though everything that can be in-game would be preferred.

Second, perhaps the extent to which you have an atlas would impact the usefulness of this? More of the atlas filled out = more things available?
Maybe you can zoom a bit in on regions to see if builds have changed?
See where players/friends are?
Where resources are?

1 Like

How cool would it be to discover exos if we had to have community collaboration via ‘astronomical devices’ and we could not warp to them until the community collaboration had discovered the planet a specific percentage.

Then after we discovered that percentage, we would have to explore it more to discover the resource percentages etc etc

1 Like