Attractive Female Character Models?

Oh for goodness sake…

2 Likes

What, are you in favour of a heteronormative cis-alien society?

Not even going to bother getting into that. It’s more the mention of brexit, it’s as dangerous bringing that up as Mr T

Ewww. Politics.

2 Likes

Other than the top the female character wears there is nothing female about the character the voice is Male the face is really manly. The female character need more female sounding voice a better face and why is there only one face to choose from and why cant the females have some different head pieces that are different from the males. There should be some more differences between Male and female other than wearing a top piece of clothing. I play as both Male and female characters would love see some more differences.

Maybe it’s time to remind the devs of their former design goals:

1 Like

Hmm, you wouldn’t have liked the original Max Payne then. Or Wario games, Earthworm Jim, Minecraft…There are tonnes of successful games with good gameplay that had good visuals with chars that weren’t visually pleasing but suited the theme.
I actually see no problem with what we have, earlier I just joked they were ugly but imo they suit the world and i’m not put off by them.
I think their look is a non issue. (excluding lack of clothing maybe)

1 Like

Minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time…and you have to play an ugly Bert & Ernie muppet looking guy that makes grunting sounds.

1 Like

Minecraft does have female characters that do look more female than Boundless I think. I might be wrong though

Yeah, you can get skins, but they still kinda look the same lol
Some of the outfits are pretty cool.

I think both character models are well built and beautiful, I only take issue with how intense the highlighted values are by default for most colors. They’re a bit much without detail color change options.

That being said, we should be careful not to let the video game industry’s instinct to satisfy the male gaze infuse itself in to our beloved world. The characters of Boundless aren’t human, but even if they were, it would be a huge disservice to sexualize half the character model pool when we all know that people are infinitely more diverse than any of that.

If anything, they should make it so either model could have or not have the chest cloth and then work on expanding the face selection options. That way, people can make their character almost any kind of a person.

1 Like

I really liked the old character models… I wonder why they were scrapped? :c The new ones are nice too… I just liked being a lion

6 Likes

If a game is going to let you choose Male or female there should be more that difference between the two

Why? Human men and women are far more identical than the current character models.

Unless you’re saying that they should be extremely variant. Like the men should be small cyst-like creatures, while the women have massive jaws and glowing antennae to lure small fish.

I could totally get behind that.

Lol. I just think the female should have maybe some different options to choose different head pieces and maybe a different face my male has the same face as my female

While you make a valid point, and I don’t care either way. Don’t you think “girls” should have the options to dress both butchy and pretty?

The character model supports face changing, I imagine it’s already either in development or scheduled.

3 Likes

I 100% support more face options. For sure. But I support that for every assemblance of the character model.

Yes, this. Radical sexual dimorphism along a non-mammilian axis with a sessile phase and a hermaphroditic metamorphpsis where you need to craft a chrysalis out of Foliage and Tangle. Also, please bring fish into the game.

1 Like

That’s not what gaslighting means.