Augments after Gleambow? [Yes, after the update]

I am merely trying to figure out why you thought to reply with what you did. Either you have knowledge about a nerf caused by the actions of players during the event or you don’t.

If you don’t then I really do not see why you felt the need to even suggest it was a nerf full well knowing that such a thing would not go over well, especially not in a thread where people are already sharpening their pitchforks :smiley:

And if you can state your opinions, so can I. I am not trying to start a riot here, it most certainly looked like you were tho…

The gleambiw totems stated in the recipe that they were only craftable during the event. The augments never had that warning. It would have been nice if they did, then people would have known.

5 Likes

All items using event only items should be craftable forever as item supply is limited.
This would make it very easy to communicate and handle.

This would simply create 2 categories:

• No event item used to craft -> time limited recipe
  • Event item used to craft -> Forever craftable
4 Likes

Yes, communication wasn’t clear at all on augment crafting.

I like that Boundless don’t make player to look for wikis because of knowledge. I hope game could be more clear of these time limited recipes. More that client is telling more players can also answer others question truthful.

2 Likes

I responded like I did because I was disappointed in some things I saw people during this event. I’ve seen things in this game get nerfed or changed because of how some people choose to play. There is a group of people that like to play in the middle of the game and not push the limits of each rule or system. Many of us see the nerfs a result of those that push those limits - e.g. the rock XP nerf, etc.

I have no knowledge of gleam bow this year. I knew about possible “augments” calling meteors because they came up on a call when I was pushing for “mineable Oort” or “easing the Oort supply” on a Dev call. I am against augments now after seeing how people leveraged them in this event under the current design (and for the record was against them before because I didn’t see them solving the Oort issue).

I shared my opinion and view. How people react is their decision when nothing I said was offensive.

I don’t see any need to sharpen a pitchfork. That seems kind of wrong in this situation. This forum and past event has way too many people FORCING their views on others with things like shaming people for touching a meteor and stuff. That mentality and actions really aren’t friendly to new people or give the game a good name.

The intention is that the items should be craftable after the event completes - as with the other event crafted items. If that isn’t the case then it’ll be corrected in the next update.

29 Likes

:tada::grin:

1 Like

< shrugs >
Be that as it may, I’ll paraphrase, but “the players are butt-faces and will try to break your game and there’s no-way you can avoid having them doing things you didn’t plan” was Game-Design 101 in my school, so that taught me to never expect the players to do anything else, even if it seems sad.

Thank you @james, I really wanted to make augments with my sacs

5 Likes

:partying_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Thank you James. Yes, the augments are currently not craftable :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeahhhhh thank you James! We’ll wait patiently for the next update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Will… will you add a red nose and some orange leaves on the side to make clown hair?

1 Like

Thank you James :partying_face:

2 Likes

Its not a clown… its a big toe

1 Like

I think we should blame Jeff on this one. Really glad we got @james to step in tho :wink:

Thanks bro

4 Likes

The Totem is different IMO as it’s part of the event. Whereas crafts from event drops are the rewards. It’s the drop generation that is limited to the event.

I can pretty much guess what the issue is and it should be a trivial data change to fix the issue.

20 Likes

Ok! Phew!

So no nerf then, good to know!

Also, shame about that 2m coin I spend an hour ago on buying up more gleambow augments. Ah well

4 Likes

Thanks james. These gleambows and the way they were played might have been unintended, but seeing the way the majority of the playerbase cooperated and worked together on these was special. I cant count the number of people who were amazed by it (new and old). To the point where people were speculating why it worked. I realize that there are people that didn’t like it as well. And people on both sides getting heated. But I saw a lot of people really engage with this event and get excited about the game. I also saw the majority of people being kind despite a few immature folks. I feel very strongly that this was a big big win for most people and the game overall.

13 Likes