Augments after Gleambow? [Yes, after the update]

I’m pretty shocked and saddened by the lack of craftability as well. I was really hoping to use some augments during big group hunts of normal meteors in the future. I have plenty of sacs and was totally planning on making many more augments and Popsicles for after the event use.

edit: I failed to plan enough ahead, and craft out my sacs last night…so, my fault, but still…

Im going to force an optimistic pespective tho, Thanks to the platforms and T5/6 gbows, I was able to finish my 255 gleam collection, I got TONS of colored glass, (mind you, its like 400 normal glass for 25) colored panes) and Some cool popsicles to play with for christmas :wink:

Ima sit grumpy but quiet…

I wonder, Could the Dev team push a small update to allow us to craft out our sacs just for a week? and push another update next week to close it, if they truly don’t want these craftable going forward? That would be a rather minimally invasive way to support the requests of the playerbase… i can’t see many ways to exploit that…

4 Likes

@AeneaGames Would you like to join the “I don’t like the concept of time-limited events” club?
We have pins.
I-Dont-Like-Time-Limited-Events_Pin

I really don’t get enough credit for the time I spend on Photoshop doing stupid things like this…

8 Likes

Im not sure I see how this negatively affects other players… It’s like cursing your neighbor for having greener grass…

Those damn players! Just sitting there all smug, so others get big meteors…How dare them!

Edit 2:

I guess that would make sense to be wrong…

1 Like
  1. Please don’t take your anger out on me.
  2. My comment was just a comment on how I noticed people pushing the lines of the game and it resulting in something happening. I don’t know if there was a link or not or if meteors could be called after the event.
  3. I haven’t had any calls recently and even if I didn’t wouldn’t share what I knew before and after seeing how many here respond to that info. I am very clear when I share something I know about if it is related to a Dev call.
  4. I’m allowed to make my opinions known and share my disappointment in a community that pushed the gleam bow limits toward exploit in my view with AFK sitting and possible bot playing.
  5. It sounds like you are trying to cause the riot here, not me. I have a right to just share a view.
1 Like

That’s a big difference between you and me : you’re blaming the players for wanting to min-max the way they play the game. But players gonna play.

I think the issue here is more on the devs. The Gleambow items didn’t spend time on testing, to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Correct & I do sincerely apologize to everyone. (I saved all of my mutated sacs :anguished: too.)

6 Likes

I think there are a few more differences. I’m not blaming people for their actions. I’m making an observation and a possible correlation. We’ve had the conversations about how some in the game play and how nerfs or others limitations happen after that. I don’t know if this was that or not. Just a theory at this point.

I am merely trying to figure out why you thought to reply with what you did. Either you have knowledge about a nerf caused by the actions of players during the event or you don’t.

If you don’t then I really do not see why you felt the need to even suggest it was a nerf full well knowing that such a thing would not go over well, especially not in a thread where people are already sharpening their pitchforks :smiley:

And if you can state your opinions, so can I. I am not trying to start a riot here, it most certainly looked like you were tho…

The gleambiw totems stated in the recipe that they were only craftable during the event. The augments never had that warning. It would have been nice if they did, then people would have known.

5 Likes

All items using event only items should be craftable forever as item supply is limited.
This would make it very easy to communicate and handle.

This would simply create 2 categories:

• No event item used to craft -> time limited recipe
  • Event item used to craft -> Forever craftable
4 Likes

Yes, communication wasn’t clear at all on augment crafting.

I like that Boundless don’t make player to look for wikis because of knowledge. I hope game could be more clear of these time limited recipes. More that client is telling more players can also answer others question truthful.

2 Likes

I responded like I did because I was disappointed in some things I saw people during this event. I’ve seen things in this game get nerfed or changed because of how some people choose to play. There is a group of people that like to play in the middle of the game and not push the limits of each rule or system. Many of us see the nerfs a result of those that push those limits - e.g. the rock XP nerf, etc.

I have no knowledge of gleam bow this year. I knew about possible “augments” calling meteors because they came up on a call when I was pushing for “mineable Oort” or “easing the Oort supply” on a Dev call. I am against augments now after seeing how people leveraged them in this event under the current design (and for the record was against them before because I didn’t see them solving the Oort issue).

I shared my opinion and view. How people react is their decision when nothing I said was offensive.

I don’t see any need to sharpen a pitchfork. That seems kind of wrong in this situation. This forum and past event has way too many people FORCING their views on others with things like shaming people for touching a meteor and stuff. That mentality and actions really aren’t friendly to new people or give the game a good name.

The intention is that the items should be craftable after the event completes - as with the other event crafted items. If that isn’t the case then it’ll be corrected in the next update.

29 Likes

:tada::grin:

1 Like

< shrugs >
Be that as it may, I’ll paraphrase, but “the players are butt-faces and will try to break your game and there’s no-way you can avoid having them doing things you didn’t plan” was Game-Design 101 in my school, so that taught me to never expect the players to do anything else, even if it seems sad.

Thank you @james, I really wanted to make augments with my sacs

5 Likes

:partying_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Thank you James. Yes, the augments are currently not craftable :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeahhhhh thank you James! We’ll wait patiently for the next update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes