Auto trigger issue

Do you run boundless full screen or windowed?

1 Like

Yeah that was horrendous. It’s bad enough when you knock out a few blocks of sorted storage boxes.

Hmmm. What is the common denominator?

I use an xbox controller most of the time, but I use m+kb for the menus

Edit to add: never experienced the storage issue either :woman_shrugging:

Full screen, when I alt-tab to check something else on my computer, then alt-tab back in, if I have my inventory open and I close it will happen, either my hammer starts swinging or i place blocks randomly.

It happens several times a night, if I’m flipping through discord or chrome to research something.

I’ve just gotten use to it.

1 Like

I never use alt+tab to anything.
I just hit enter, then go over to youtube or whatever, then click on the boundless icon to go back

We have tried to reproduce this issue but haven’t been able to. Even forcing the game to run <10 fps then hammering in and out of the application.

If someone can work out and share a reproducible we’d love to get it fixed.

4 Likes

there seems to be some correlation to windowed mode. but for a click to be held down the game would need to receive and understand the mouse down event, but not receive and understand the mouse up event.

I’ve noticed that sometimes when I go back into boundless from another app and use a menu, sometimes I have to click twice to use the menu. This won’t manifest until I actually open a menu. So some logic somewhere is eating mouse events.

So after you tab back into your game, something happens with some action involving a mouse click, where the mouse_up event gets eaten/lost. It’s possible @majorvex that because you primarily use a controller, you don’t perform the problematic mouse action, thus you don’t see the issue.

All of this is wild speculation. Just trying to help come up with some fix.

3 Likes

It happens so often, I don’t want to say “never” but I don’t associate this with window switching. I mean it’s not something that normally happens to me at the moment of switching windows.

It happens to me often after exiting a dialog. And personally seems to be more frequent (but not exclusively) after exiting dialogs that I’ve used a shift-click in.

I stay windowed and frequently move with the mouse between boundless, discord, forum, calc and other windows so if that’s a trigger or causes a state that encourages this it would help explain the frequency.

I also use m+kb and like some others mentioned, I often switch back and forth while I’m playing to do other things. I stay in windowed mode 90% of the time. Only time I go fullscreen is to take video or screenshots.

How many people use alt-tab? I never do.

I just hit enter or F11 and enter to get out of fullscreen and to access other apps

I never had this happen on PC either, I play fullscreen and sometime windowed.

But I do know the difference between me and Nightstar! I run it on a PC, he runs it on a potato! :rofl:

Thanks for this reassurance I know you’re aware of it. If i could force it reliably I’d be 100% certain to share the method.

Yeah, from my point of view, it’s because my first click back into the app isn’t registered correctly after alt tabbing.

It happens often.

When I build I reference pics on chrome, and alt tab back in, then it happens. So when I do this multiple times a night, I just forget it happens really. Correct and move on, but it is annoying. @Simoyd

There was an older game I used to play (could have even been Minecraft or the original build of Oort online for all I remember) where I found If I held down left click for my action and then switched to another window using alt/tab or ctrl/ESC and came back to the game (full screen, but unsure that mattered was just the swapping of apps) the game would think I was using down the left click still so it would then auto mine or whatever I had set up for left click.

Guess the short of this is have you tried to recreate this issue by testing out if you’re holding down a button while swapping windows, or without holding buttons down. Just wondering what the trigger may be if it’s related to window swapping.

Yes, didn’t you mention you were using some alternative form of a PC? What OS do you use?

Yeah when this first started happening to me I thought it was a lag/packet loss issue, hence fallon’s reference above.

It’s not just me though or people on low end hardware, though it appears to be inconsistent.

I’ve noticed this as well, like the first click re-binds the mouse to boundless and then another click is required to take action.

i have it almost every day on the pc and even on the laptop without a mouse, so i don’t think it is anything other than boundless itself
and yes its complet rnd sometimes i not even clickt the mouse/touchpad for longertime

if its helps some how :
Cpu:i9 9900k
Gpu: Titan X
Monitor 3440x1440 @ 120hz gsnc off (with gsync on boundless flickers like hell or monitor gos off/on all the time) +2560x1440@60hz
Win 10 latest updates and drivers
ingame: fullscreen on vsync off

1 Like

I’m in windows 10 home, 64 bit, with a quad threaded intel processor and using standard PC components and accessories. The main reason my system has performance issues in general is due to use of an embedded GPU rather than a dedicated card.

You might wanna remove the rubberband :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah idk, i have this since a bit of time now. seem to always happen when i leave the inventory menu after shift-clicking a smart-stack to any of the wheel. Then closing the menu and will start doing auto action on the left wheel selected item.

I feel it’s like the game think the left click is still held down. Would be something like it skip the mouse click up somewhere.

1 Like

If it’s Boundless, why don’t all PC players experience this?