Auto trigger issue

trying to find some difference I dunno :frowning:

yeah itā€™s definitely not a physically broken mouse. Itā€™s definitely software.

I also didnā€™t experience this problem on my laptop either i7 1050 win10

1 Like

I often alt/tab, shift/tab and even ctrl/ESC and bounce between Spotify, boundless, Google, steam. Have not seen this issue occur as of yet by doing this.

2 Likes

@Azmadi do you run boundless in windowed mode? or full screen?

same here - youtube, twitter, spotify, steam, googleā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry, full screen primarily.

1 Like

Some of my friends have experienced this tho

I have seen this any time I alt-tab out and come back in

1 Like

Oh man night star I feel your pain. A quick alt tab can minimize the damage. At least you didnā€™t have it happen to closed storage before they patched It and knock a bunch of storage out causing so much lag that you lose your whole gleam bow collection like @DrCyanide

2 Likes

I have a i9-9900KS and still see it now and then.

I think there is higher chance to happen when I alt tab frequently. But it doesnā€™t trigger at once, more like after next time I exit inventory etc.

I have also thought could this be tracked to when activating steam overlay while holding mouse button, but maybe that is just more how stuff works on Windows (keyboard done actions stops when entering overlay but mouse done action stays active to me).

Do you run boundless full screen or windowed?

1 Like

Yeah that was horrendous. Itā€™s bad enough when you knock out a few blocks of sorted storage boxes.

Hmmm. What is the common denominator?

I use an xbox controller most of the time, but I use m+kb for the menus

Edit to add: never experienced the storage issue either :woman_shrugging:

Full screen, when I alt-tab to check something else on my computer, then alt-tab back in, if I have my inventory open and I close it will happen, either my hammer starts swinging or i place blocks randomly.

It happens several times a night, if Iā€™m flipping through discord or chrome to research something.

Iā€™ve just gotten use to it.

1 Like

I never use alt+tab to anything.
I just hit enter, then go over to youtube or whatever, then click on the boundless icon to go back

We have tried to reproduce this issue but havenā€™t been able to. Even forcing the game to run <10 fps then hammering in and out of the application.

If someone can work out and share a reproducible weā€™d love to get it fixed.

4 Likes

there seems to be some correlation to windowed mode. but for a click to be held down the game would need to receive and understand the mouse down event, but not receive and understand the mouse up event.

Iā€™ve noticed that sometimes when I go back into boundless from another app and use a menu, sometimes I have to click twice to use the menu. This wonā€™t manifest until I actually open a menu. So some logic somewhere is eating mouse events.

So after you tab back into your game, something happens with some action involving a mouse click, where the mouse_up event gets eaten/lost. Itā€™s possible @majorvex that because you primarily use a controller, you donā€™t perform the problematic mouse action, thus you donā€™t see the issue.

All of this is wild speculation. Just trying to help come up with some fix.

3 Likes

It happens so often, I donā€™t want to say ā€œneverā€ but I donā€™t associate this with window switching. I mean itā€™s not something that normally happens to me at the moment of switching windows.

It happens to me often after exiting a dialog. And personally seems to be more frequent (but not exclusively) after exiting dialogs that Iā€™ve used a shift-click in.

I stay windowed and frequently move with the mouse between boundless, discord, forum, calc and other windows so if thatā€™s a trigger or causes a state that encourages this it would help explain the frequency.

I also use m+kb and like some others mentioned, I often switch back and forth while Iā€™m playing to do other things. I stay in windowed mode 90% of the time. Only time I go fullscreen is to take video or screenshots.

How many people use alt-tab? I never do.

I just hit enter or F11 and enter to get out of fullscreen and to access other apps