Auto trigger issue

I never had this happen on PC either, I play fullscreen and sometime windowed.

But I do know the difference between me and Nightstar! I run it on a PC, he runs it on a potato! :rofl:

Thanks for this reassurance I know youā€™re aware of it. If i could force it reliably Iā€™d be 100% certain to share the method.

Yeah, from my point of view, itā€™s because my first click back into the app isnā€™t registered correctly after alt tabbing.

It happens often.

When I build I reference pics on chrome, and alt tab back in, then it happens. So when I do this multiple times a night, I just forget it happens really. Correct and move on, but it is annoying. @Simoyd

There was an older game I used to play (could have even been Minecraft or the original build of Oort online for all I remember) where I found If I held down left click for my action and then switched to another window using alt/tab or ctrl/ESC and came back to the game (full screen, but unsure that mattered was just the swapping of apps) the game would think I was using down the left click still so it would then auto mine or whatever I had set up for left click.

Guess the short of this is have you tried to recreate this issue by testing out if youā€™re holding down a button while swapping windows, or without holding buttons down. Just wondering what the trigger may be if itā€™s related to window swapping.

Yes, didnā€™t you mention you were using some alternative form of a PC? What OS do you use?

Yeah when this first started happening to me I thought it was a lag/packet loss issue, hence fallonā€™s reference above.

Itā€™s not just me though or people on low end hardware, though it appears to be inconsistent.

Iā€™ve noticed this as well, like the first click re-binds the mouse to boundless and then another click is required to take action.

i have it almost every day on the pc and even on the laptop without a mouse, so i donā€™t think it is anything other than boundless itself
and yes its complet rnd sometimes i not even clickt the mouse/touchpad for longertime

if its helps some how :
Cpu:i9 9900k
Gpu: Titan X
Monitor 3440x1440 @ 120hz gsnc off (with gsync on boundless flickers like hell or monitor gos off/on all the time) +2560x1440@60hz
Win 10 latest updates and drivers
ingame: fullscreen on vsync off

1 Like

Iā€™m in windows 10 home, 64 bit, with a quad threaded intel processor and using standard PC components and accessories. The main reason my system has performance issues in general is due to use of an embedded GPU rather than a dedicated card.

You might wanna remove the rubberband :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah idk, i have this since a bit of time now. seem to always happen when i leave the inventory menu after shift-clicking a smart-stack to any of the wheel. Then closing the menu and will start doing auto action on the left wheel selected item.

I feel itā€™s like the game think the left click is still held down. Would be something like it skip the mouse click up somewhere.

1 Like

If itā€™s Boundless, why donā€™t all PC players experience this?

Can always be a bug with the game that only occurs with certain hardware and software.

Maybe its at which speed you do the interaction on the keyboard. When i do shift click the smart stack, i close the inventory pretty much right away. Seems to not happen when you do it ā€˜slowlyā€™

3 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_condition

3 Likes

For sure, but there are a lot of similar rigs here.

I think itā€™s more of a button-combo action that some people use - which would then be a Boundless thing I suppose :woman_shrugging:

i move at minimum 10 to 20 full inventorys every day
think thats why i encounter it so oven

This is also quite possible or just, as @Gorillastomp mentions timing of the interactions. I also notice that if I hit shift while an interface is opening sometimes the game doesnā€™t recognize that shift is being held and I end up ā€˜picking upā€™ an item rather than moving it.

1 Like

Possibly soā€¦I donā€™t shift click SS. I mouse click and then put it where I want it (the slower method lol)

It does seem to happen when moving something in the inventory after alt-tabbing. I tend to hit buttons really quick, so Iā€™ll move and some times shift click, then hit my inventory button real fast. As I come out of the inventory itā€™s like my mouse button is still pressed when I close the window, and then I let up on the mouse.

Then it auto clicks randomly placing blocks or swinging my hammer. And I have to click my mouse again to get it to stop.

@Simoyd

1 Like

Iā€™ve always had it happen when I do actions fairly quickly, such as shift clicking a stack and closing the window immediately after, never if I take things slow. Has someone had it happen even when not trying to play starcraft at 600apm?

1 Like