Automatic swinging

This bug has been here since i started the game several months ago.

Its almost every time i start the game or swap alts.

I took a lava bath today because I just happened to have my 3x3 hammer in my hand.

Any timeline on a fix? Its annoying to start off the game by chiseling or hammering everything.

8 Likes

It doesn’t happen to me often, but more than once it has destroyed my storage shelves and spewn everything on the floor.

2 Likes

When i started, it would only happen once every 5-6 character swaps.
Last 2-3 weeks its almost every time I enter the game.
Its been a habit to stare at the roof before i open my inventory lol

I’ve gotten into the habit of emptying my hands before I log out. I came into the game once and started deplotting my plotted areas. Bad way to start the day!

Yeah… I still have this bug too.

Me sometimes i have small problems when I build … like today

We need steps to reproduce this or nothing can really be done :woman_shrugging:

I’m on PS4. This issue seems pretty new, like since Valentine’s Day, for me at least. Is it also a pc problem?

I’ve had it happen on PC from the moment I started playing in December.

Oof
10 characters

Also i notice this when i “spam” interact key example when doing something with crafting table and machines

Ive had this problem since EA :smiley:

1 Like

I am PC also. And mine happens when i enter the game. And directly after the 1st time i look into my inventory.

The moment I close that screen, I start swinging away.

+1 for use of spewn

I found one auto-swinging bug when your PC is set to left handed mouse. Here’s repro steps

And here’s repro steps for the unequip bug:

That should give an idea of what kind of shenanigans goes into these input bugs. I think if devs investigate them further they will find more async bugs like this. But players finding steps to reproduce the bug will also help immensely.

I got this for the first time yesterday. I was chopping a tree when I got the Unstable Connection thing. As soon as the connection stabilized, my axe took on a mind of it’s own and started swinging wildly. Switched to other tools and weapons and they acted the same way. It was as if I was repeatedly clicking.

I had to return to the sanctum to get it to stop. I’m on PC too.