Ballz (b@lls was censored)

So maybe a way to interest another potential player base is to create simply a ball for kicking. If we walk to collide it rolls that direction x meters and if we run into it, it rolls x meters based on our speed. We could, of course, create soccer arenas and have interplanetary competitions or we could develop other kickball related sports. I could see this bring in an unexpected audience.

Just things I lay in bed brainstorming about at 3 am now that I’ve found Boundless.

13 Likes

More interesting (and dangerous) version is Hopper Ball! You need to grapple-throw a prone hopper into the oppositions goal before it explodes!

12 Likes

Adding to your idea, why not make a unique sport for boundless? Called grapple ball.

We can use grapples to save from the opposing team scoring. Or to snatch the ball.

Another added function may be to use a totem augment to blast the ball in whatever direction you’re facing. Opening the crafting for totems augments of different kinds.

6 Likes

my friend allready has build the stadium in therkamarket @Andytheka :smile:
its sits abandoned cause off nothing todo thereat moment :frowning:

6 Likes

While I agree that little extra features like this really make a game stand out, I don’t think they attract any core player bases. If someone wants to play soccer, they probably won’t come to boundless to play unless they way that it handles collisions and how it prioritizes networking is on point, which is a very difficult feat to nail for MMO’s.

I need to look again at the Hoppers rotation to see if this is through animation. Translation of a ball seems very achievable because of a projectiles effect on a docile hopper, but again, an issue will be the latency between the client and the server.

Some pseudo hopper soccer with the grapple sounds like a lot of fun though! I was actually very impressed when I saw @james swinging on a cuttle as if it was a vine. Maybe a mob spawner of some sort??? We could get two cuttles in the air for fast movement accross the field. xD

this is for playing players then
to keep them playing
we need stuff like that
so we got something todo when game gets boring :smile:

2 Likes

Game modes like capture the flag or domination would be really cool.

1 Like

Yes, agreed! Would definitely give us something to do.

Going along with the notion of attracting players, it probably will help a little with marketing to show others that there may be more than what you thought a game like this would have.

2 Likes

yeah change this game to call of boundless or pro boundless soccer as well as world of boundless and boundcraft

2 Likes

when you could grapple each other tug of war was fun to. we almost made a court for it but then the option was removed.

2 Likes

OMG did they take this out because of griefing? Maybe only allowing friends to interact with you???

It’s coming back I believe. Just for friends though

3 Likes

Grappling friends is enabled. (It was accidentally removed.)

10 Likes

yay James! hip hip hoary!

1 Like

Tug of war - has actually blown my mind.

6 Likes

As in you never expected the grapples to be used in that way? I liked when the aim was to drag the other player into a monster pit, whoever’s video I watched with that in…

The longest line of people hanging by ONLY grappling eachother was 3. I bet y’all can’t beat that.

2 Likes

YAH! that should be the next event. place a block at the higest point and have everyone meet up and hang off eachothr. we will finally know the answer to that burning question that had been on everyone’s mind. how many otrans high is the world ceiling?!

3 Likes

I mean like an Oortian bridge. Horizontal but that would also be neat. I wish I had a picture…

I think you meant Tug of War with 2 hostile Wildstock

1 Like