Basic Forge Crash Course

I’ll cook something up to help ppl out with this… for now here is an extreme crash course:

Forge items are like crafting skills they are all crafted in the extractor and divided into effect categories

Item types:

• Compounds are used to power up / add Boons
  • Pastes apply temporary buffs to the forging process (like 50% extra boon points for 5 turns)
  • Gums apply a permanent buff that helps you target certain categories of Boons
  • Catalyst move points around ( Boon, Quark and Defect points)
  • Solvents removes boons and effects that you do not want
  • Resins Either finalizes the Item(s) or destroys the Item(s) in an attempt to salvage some forging Items

in it’s simplest form you would bring some Compounds to add boon points and a setting resin to finish it… use as many compounds as you want until you run out of vigor / stability or until you are happy with the effect (if stability reaches 0 - the item is destroyed) nothing happens if vigor reaches 0 (other than you can’t use items that need it)

certainly you could bring other things to enhance the processes like a longevity gum to target + durability ect or boon paste to boost the effects of boon compound etc

additional resources:

16 Likes

Thanks @Jiivita! I used your centraforge video last night to gain a better understanding of the forge and made a few really cool items (like a hard hitting diamond hammer with 6 meter light range and 6 meter magnet!)

The variations you can make with the forge are quite amazing!

7 Likes

Oh, Right! Guess i could add my first Forge introduction video under the additional resources lol

I’ll ether make another video or three on the forge or a more in depth written guide… not sure which yet =P

4 Likes

How about teaching me how to get aoe and any other characteristic that makes sense without running out of vigour? :joy:

1 Like

maybe you just need some extra luck?.. the trumpet plants kind of look like 4 leaf clovers… maybe some decoration is in order =P

5 Likes

:joy: yeah, sounds about right

1 Like

Thanks Jiivita I’ll look forward to your new video and in the meantime watch the one you’ve already made as well as those by @boundmore who’s been extremely helpful :grin: I have to say that this community is the best … I’ve even had @schasm contact me with an extremely generous offer of materials to help with power coils … with good people like this driving and promoting Boundless this game has to go far :hugs:

5 Likes